Aoshima 1/24 Back to the Future DeLorean differences? vs. Polar Lights kit?

rabidcatfan

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Glad to be aboard. A little about me - I'm a scale modeler, been building plastic models since 1990 when I was 13 and my dad bought me a tiny 1/72 Revell tank kit (can't even remember which one now). I mostly build military (Armor, Planes, and Navy) and Sci-Fi kits (Star Wars, Star Trek, movies, etc.).

My question is concerning the Aoshima 1/24 Back to the Future DeLorean kits. I notice there are several kits dedicated to the different films in the trilogy, but I've also noticed that there is supposedly a "super detailed" kit out there. Does anyone know the major differences between the SD kit and the standard kits? The reason I ask is that the rice of these SD kits are fairly outrageous on Ebay and I'm trying to decide the best course of action. Also, I'm aware that Polar Lights has a 1/25 DeLorean kit. Is there a substantial difference between this kit and the Aoshima kits?

I appreciate the help.

I think the Polar Lights BTTF kit looks fine, but I've not seen the Aoshima kit so cannot compare it. Aoshima has done some really nice stuff so it is most likely a solid effort simply on their reputation. That said, PL has also done some good stuff especially when it is their own new tooling (vice a reissue tooling of an old kit...)

I expect it depends on how AR* you are about your time machine DeLoreans.

Regards, Robert

*anal retentive

Lol...I got'cha on the AR*. I am a bit AR about my model kits. I may end up just going with the PL kit if there aren't many differences in the both of them (I can pick it up at Hobby Lobby for $19 with the 40% off coupon). I was just trying to find out what the differences might have been.

The Aoshima Super Detail Bttf Delorean kits are the same as their standard Bttf delorean kits. The difference is that the Super Detail kits come with Photoetch parts, mostly for the exhausts on the back of the car, the dashboard (time circuits) and pedals. I think it might have a PE flux capacitor as well... They all come with Photoetch Hover boards as well (even the kit from the first movie!).

I have these kits in my stash, I'll snap some pictures of them later on tonight when I get home.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back