Hasbro now making Marvel props!

Well my helmet was waiting for me when I got home from work. I'm curious to hear others' impressions on it, but here are a few of my thoughts. Bear in mind that I'm no expert on props or anything.

The paint does have a nice metallic look to it, but I feel that the paint is a bit thin. My helmet already has several chips/scuffs right out of the box. One of the most noticeable being right in the middle of one of the ears and another on the top in one of the ridges. I feel that a place where the paint will wear quickly is the contact points where the back piece locks into place. I guess I was just expecting a thicker paint job on these. I wonder if people will be looking at repainting these?

The magnets do keep the faceplate locked into place quite well. I'll be curious to see how you guys will go about trying to motorize the faceplate while keeping the look of the interior intact.

I can't speak for the lights and sounds any as I didn't try putting any batteries in it. I think I'm going to see if I can find another at Target in a few days and try to exchange it for one with better paint. Overall I'm glad to finally have an Iron Man helmet. I think the helmet will be good for display purposes, but I'm not sure how the paint will hold up if one messes around with it on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Has anyone repainted one of the plastic shields to be a bit more screen accurate? I'm really tempted to get one, but I'm not sure I'd be content with the paint job. After a new paint job I'm assuming it could turn out similar to the airsoft shields, which always look nice, but it would be interesting to see one of these done before I jump into it.

Does it come apart easily? I assume you just need to remove the metal pins on the back and can separate the pieces?

Yes. I gently heated the metal rivets and they pulled out of the plastic without too much effort. The star comes right out. The silver ring also has some plastic tabs that lock it into the body of the shield under the pieces that attach to the straps. Just pry those tabs with a flat blade screwdriver and you're golden.

I bought this shield because I was in the process of doing a steampunk Cap cosplay. So my paint job is pretty crazy. I also used 3/4" plastic standoffs and 1" screws to put it back together so that they both actually stick out from the shield. So my shield is about as far from screen accurate as you'll see. ;)

14317589_10102017188320348_2224166565935677471_n.jpg

Yes. I gently heated the metal rivets and they pulled out of the plastic without too much effort. The star comes right out. The silver ring also has some plastic tabs that lock it into the body of the shield under the pieces that attach to the straps. Just pry those tabs with a flat blade screwdriver and you're golden.

I bought this shield because I was in the process of doing a steampunk Cap cosplay. So my paint job is pretty crazy. I also used 3/4" plastic standoffs and 1" screws to put it back together so that they both actually stick out from the shield. So my shield is about as far from screen accurate as you'll see. ;)

View attachment 666125
Paint job looks awesome!! Looks kind of like a Spartan shield if you think about it. Good job!

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

My shield showed up the center of shield was rubbed down to plastic thanks to the cardboard and had scratches and hair in the paint. Tru sent replacement this one has a small ripple in the ring which I can fix. But like the first the star has some nasty rub marks thanks to the square bit of cardboard and no bag around shield. I'm thinking..battledamaged shield time with some water based paint if I want to go back to semi mint I can wash it off.
IM helmet will be delivered Friday I only hope it's in better shape finish wise. Overall, I love the shield and it's well worth the money, light-years better then my old Desquise shield.

Just got this Iron Man helmet from Target and am very pleased with it! I've been wearing it around the house all day LOL!

When the eyes are off, you can see perfectly fine. When they are fully lit everything is sorta cloudy but I was able to operate my phone and take the picture. The eyes aren't as bright in person as they look in photos. The effect is only so-so in person.

the helmet is definitely bigger than the real thing but for me that's a good thing as I have a large head and this fits me snugly.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back