ALIEN Big Chap Figure : Kotobukiya Artfx+ 1/10 Scale

cratercritter

ALIEN Big Chap Figure : Kotobukiya Artfx+ ( 1/10 Scale )

It is up for PREORDER. Due for release August 2016.

Preorder websites are, for example:

Hobbylink Japan
has listed it for preorder with many pics.
HobbySearch (Japan) has got it on preorder with many pics also.

http://www.hlj.com/product/kbysv-159

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10373211

Price is around US$70 plus shipping.
Nice sculpt of the ALIEN creature, complete with wrinkles & creases on the suit... very cool indeed.

Also comes with a cool display diorama wall / floor plates.
.....PLUS: An LED light module with strobe effect.

Big Chap.jpgBig Chap1.jpg

Last edited:
This figure looks really REALLY accurate to my eye. With the exception of the front of the dome where it meets the upper jaw line -- which looks just a little squared off to me. But I'm nit picking. I'm curious what do Alien figure collectors regard as the BEST, most accurate version of the ALIEN? Thanks in advance!

Looks great! I just pre-ordered. In regards to which is most accurate, hard to say when it comes to the Big Chap. I have the Hot Toys 18" figure from a few years back and he looks great but not a spot on version, he's a little too sleak and idealized. How tall is this guy?

Bryancd said:"How tall is this guy?"
----------------------------------------------------------

At only 1/10 scale and in a slightly crouched position.....this Alien Big Chap statue is only 22 cm (8.7 inches) high.
Would be great if they did a 1/4 or 1/3 scale of this.:popcorn

Bryancd said:"How tall is this guy?"
----------------------------------------------------------

At only 1/10 scale and in a slightly crouched position.....this Alien Big Chap statue is only 22 cm (8.7 inches) high.
Would be great if they did a 1/4 or 1/3 scale of this.:popcorn

I like the display features as well, my 18" guy is so big I don't know where to put him!

This figure looks really REALLY accurate to my eye. With the exception of the front of the dome where it meets the upper jaw line -- which looks just a little squared off to me. But I'm nit picking. I'm curious what do Alien figure collectors regard as the BEST, most accurate version of the ALIEN? Thanks in advance!

I'm quite partial to the Xeno from Alien: Isolation that Neca put out. It's essentially the Big Chap minus the more human qualities that come with it being a guy in a rubber costume. I guess it's more of an "idealized" version of him but that gives it more resonance with me.

It seems to me the most similar (99%) to the original costume worn in the film. It is different from the model made by Giger for reasons of wearability. I prefer the giger model. To my point of view, this is the most faithful sculpture that exists on the market.

That youtube vids awesome but the seam around the back of the head just kills me! Talk about pulling you out of the moment! Still a nice looking figure. Love the suit wrinkles.

- So. In the universe, I do not hear anyone your scream. ;)

I love my Sega ALIEN statue. It was available in Japan by mail
order with the Sega ALIEN game. The first picture is from Google images while the second is of my figure. The face on this has the best likeness I've seen.

Attachments

• imagesC2MAWTI1.jpg
    imagesC2MAWTI1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 241
  • images4J51HWEZ.jpg
    images4J51HWEZ.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 146
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back