BSG reboot reboot

Agreed. The Syfy show was complete garbage and the ending was embarrassingly bad. I don't get people who actually liked that piece of crap.

Agreed. The Syfy show was complete garbage and the ending was embarrassingly bad. I don't get people who actually liked that piece of crap.

Personally, I thought that the show wasn't too bad so long as it stuck to the central plot, it was the filler/stand alone episodes that they sucked at by pulling all sorts of nonsense out of thin air and then promptly forgetting about it in the next episode. Of course, that was only for the first 2 or 3 seasons, after what I like to call the mid-series reboot when they landed on New Caprica is where the show really started to lose it and go downhill fast. I also agree about the ending, it was truly awful, about as bad as the ending to LOST.

I would have liked the show better if had been called anything but "Battlestar Galactica".

Sounds like this new reboot is a feature film.
Hopefully they get a budget to do some real world building and we won't have to watch guys in Men's Wearhouse suits talking politics with women in Dress Barn dresses.
Ugh, that show was a drag. 4 seasons of BSG, and we got, what... 12 minutes of Starbuck flying a Viper?

I would have liked the show better if had been called anything but "Battlestar Galactica".

You and me both!

Nice to hear another possible BSG movie, I know Glen sold the movie rights back to Universal before his passing.

Hopefully this is real after all, it's time! (what with Star Wars coming out and all haha)

Looks like Singer will have some role in it's production...I wonder if it will utilize the designs
from the DeSanto series that almost happened in 2001.

The SyFy show did a lot of things right, and made a number of missteps - the ending being one of the latter. But I can't call any show *bad* that gave us the escape from New Caprica episode.

starbuck needs to be a macho guy, not a chick. and the galactica should look like its old, not like the new one in the syfy series/movies crap.

Starbuck needs to be a macho guy, not a chick. and the galactica should look like its old, not like the new one in the syfy series/movies crap.

I don't know, the Galatica looked pretty old to me, at least as old as the original and the interior sets were even older looking, in my opinion.

Get freekin' Benedict and Hatch back, 40 years on and still heading for Earth, a generational ship now and they need
only serve as age appropriate characters.
Get back to the paternal and rather Mormon derived motifs. I'm not religious but it lended the show a legendary
epic mythical scope by sourcing from such things. Fans will know what I mean. No, it doesn't make it sexist the show
had great strong female characters or bible thumping, the show was removed enough from earthly beliefs it just felt "biblical".

starbuck needs to be a macho guy, not a chick. and the galactica should look like its old, not like the new one in the syfy series/movies crap.

I couldn't care less, what made me hate the Syfy BSG was that all of the characters, pretty much without exception, were complete asshats. They were awful people. I wanted the Cylons to win, then when the Cylons turned out to be every bit as bad, I wanted them all to fly into the sun and die. Granted, that kind of happened in the end, minus the dying part, but it was just cringeworthy throughout.

If it's based on/closer to the original series, I'm in. If it's that felgercarb that SyFy gave us, no thank you.
I vote for a CGI Lorne Greene somewhere in the show if it's closer to the original, that new series was trying to hard to be edgy.

I agree, get Hatch and Benedict back. I know Hatch would do it. Hasn't he been pitching it for decades? Maybe get that guy who was Boxey back. Whatever happened to him? Haven't seen him since The Neverending Story.

And for God's sake--make the Cylons look like Cylons!!!!

Never could get into that SyFy show.....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back