Slave 1 Boba Fett paint sceme

anj4de

Hello all

I received a second hand Revell Slave in 1/7x the other day...not a bad kit as was also confirmed here. I am playing with the idea of keeping the main hull's paint job and just touch it up and refine it after glueing and sanding the seams. Does anybody know the paint numbers...I guess they are Revell's own...of those colors?
The alternative is a completely new paint job in which case I would need advise of the best matching colors of the ship, please? My favorite paint brand is Gunze Mr Color in Laqueur, stinky but a dream to work with.

thanks
Uwe

Is it Fine Molds that lists their paint guide in Gunze Mr colors or is it Bandai?

At any rate, the fine molds paint guide may help. I can't find a more high res picture of it, but I have it at home if you want a scan of it
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/lk_fett_paintguide.jpg

I used Tamiya paints myself
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237589

I just took the model to the store and color matched the pre-paints as best I could. I had to mix hull red and flat red for the skirt color. For the main body color I used a few different greys that had a greenish tint to them. I can find out which ones when I get home if your interested. Might be easy to translate them into Mr color stuff using the FS numbers

Hello all
I received a second hand Revell Slave in 1/7x the other day...not a bad kit as was also confirmed here. I am playing with the idea of keeping the main hull's paint job and just touch it up and refine it after glueing and sanding the seams. Does anybody know the paint numbers...I guess they are Revell's own...of those colors?
The alternative is a completely new paint job in which case I would need advise of the best matching colors of the ship, please? My favorite paint brand is Gunze Mr Color in Laqueur, stinky but a dream to work with.
thanks
Uwe

Uwe, is that a pre-painted kit? If so, the paints used at the factory (in China, I suspect) may have no connection to any available paint lines, including Revell's - unless someone had enough foresight to spec the same colors and then have them spelled out in the instructions for touch ups.

'"Hey what do you want for a ruuuubbber biscuit?"'
(Bow-bow-bowh!) - Blues Brothers

R/ Robert

hello Robert

Yes, it's the pre painted kit...and the instructions I found online mention no paint number what so ever. Meanwhile, after having sanded the seams I come to the conclusion that a new paint job is needed anyway. Time to test out that salt technique that I have seen a lot on Japaneese WWII plane models...but I myself have not used yet.
I got a second Slave today...again for only 10EUR, so I have no fear of trying something new to me! ;-)

thanks
Uwe

I found a combination of sponging/painting on microscales liquid mask to be pretty effective, esecpailly since there are some larger areas to be masked off

I tried the salt technique before and got weird rings around the salt crystals when using Tamiya paints. Not sure if it happens with other kinds or not

Hello all

Here are some pics of where I am at now...I used some artistic freedom with the additional little parts...you may call my "Slave" an Episode VIII ship if you want ;-)
Most difficult work so far was re.working the wings, so to curt off the spoilers and open up the sides. The detail parts are mostly from an Academy M1A1 tank kit...

8%20Large_zpsvtfkestb.jpg

7%20Large_zpskhrzkohx.jpg

6%20Large_zpskvbg9eez.jpg

4%20Large_zps7r8s0sxc.jpg

3%20Large_zps0hggp4cb.jpg

2%20Large_zpsbbectfwg.jpg

1%20Large_zpsfaodrmyl.jpg

cheers
Uwe

Those rings could be because Tamiya paint is water based...I wonder what happens with enamel or laqueur piants?

- - - Updated - - -

I found a combination of sponging/painting on microscales liquid mask to be pretty effective, esecpailly since there are some larger areas to be masked off

I tried the salt technique before and got weird rings around the salt crystals when using Tamiya paints. Not sure if it happens with other kinds or not

Those rings could be because Tamiya paint is water based...I wonder what happens with enamel or laqueur piants?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back