If Mad Max Drove A '68 Camaro

patrickivan

Sr Member
This is what it is. I'm not the best modeller in the world, but I have fun with it.

I took my old kit of a 68 Camaro. Switched the interior to right hand drive. The passenger side is reclined fully and with a cushion in the foot well (it's now essentially a bed). Junk in the back. Jacked up rear suspension. The wheels aren't mounted yet- I don't like their current positions.

Lightly heated up areas I wanted impacted, then actually smacked the car into static objects to dent it. Base coat is primer. Then a coat of steel. Another coat of primer. Some very light rust paint areas Followed salt/ water for paint peeling. Then black. Then sanded lightly in direction of air flow and debris impact. Finally lots of sand paint. Damned sand is everywhere! LOL

Thoughts and critiques are welcome. Oh- so are compliments. LOL.

CatSQXzW8AACiuA.jpg

CatR8j0WIAAOEIJ.jpg

CatR6LNWEAArwX2.jpg

CatRyKVWAAAc-Oy.jpg

I love it as well, I've been a huge Max fan since the original. My dream project would be to restore an actual Ford Falcon (with the right side steering wheel) as an Interceptor. Saw a guy on YouTube who commissioned a guy to build him one. It even had the blue light and siren (which I hope he is aware could probably cause him a legal nightmare).

Anyway, great job.

Also, you could always add a hand attached to a chain dragging off the rear-end. (If you are too young to know what I'm talking about, watch original Max...;))

nicely done. model car guys have a whole post-apocalyptic sub-genre, so you should be able to find others who have similar builds. Mustangs are usually more common, so kudos for trying a camaro instead. Probably the only change i can see is i'd put some mesh in the grille hole, just to hide the engine area.

i'm not a fan of the "melt & dent" technique. it works fine here, because it's fairly small, but often looks too soft for damaged metal if you wanted it more damaged.

If Mad Max drove a 68 Camaro?

I would NEVER happen! Max is Australian so he DRIVES Australian!

But it does look good enough for the MM universe.

:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back