Mandalorian "Executioner" Helmet WIP **PIC HEAVY**

JWKruser

I picked up a pair of helmet kits from Lonewolf1183. My wife and I are starting on a pair of kits to hopefully submit to the approval team in the next couple of months. An Executioner and a Blank showed up on my door step. I'm very pleased with them both. I figured I would put up a WIP to show the step by step progress of the Executioner.

I got started by cutting and filing all the holes. There's a few of them! :D

I knew I wanted to wire lights into the range finder so I grabbed my dremel and started making holes in everything. I wanted to hide them as best I could.

The stalk is a piece of extruded plastic and hollow. The piece that attaches the stalk to the range finder was pretty darn thin and I was a little nervous drilling it out, but it turned out fine.

With a hole drilled throught the helmet, the wiring and battery will be all enclosed inside.

I used silver rub n' buff on the stalk and painted the range finder with Krylon Fusion black satin spray paint. I wanted to give the appearance of a "stop" on the base of the stalk so I glued a "googley eye" near the base.

I have a decent assortment of switches handy. After digging through the box of them, I found a pair that I thought would look good if they were exposed on the outside of the helm. I drilled the earcaps at an angle and set the switch to see how it looked. I like it. The switch on the right ear cap will be for the lights in the range finder. The switch on the left earcap will turn the fan on/off.

In this picture you can see how I drilled at an angle so that the switch would sit flush with the angle of the ear cap.

Next, I put the cap to the helmet, marked the spot and drilled a hole with the Dremel at the same angle as the switch.

Test fit! Success! :D

I had a scrap piece of face shield lying around from when I made my Mynock's Den bucket. Thankfully the Executioner helm doesnt need that much! :D

Marked my visor's spot inside and started mixing epoxy. I used a 5 minute epoxy to secure the base of some Chicago screws to the helmet. Once all the screw bases were in place and the epoxy cured, I put masking tape on the visor and pushed down on the Chicago screw bases to mark where to drill my holes.

I glued both ears on, sanded the entire helmet with 180 grit sand paper, then hit it again with 220. Then I gave the lid a wash with dawn dish soap to remove any oils from my hands. Once dry I used Rustoleum Self Etching primer and gave it a coulpe of light coats

After about 30 minutes, I became impatient and wanted to see it with the visor in. I really like this helmet. :D

Still a long way to go. Painting this one will be fun

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back