Starwoid's Luke Macros Build - UPDATED 3/8

Starwoid

Sr Member
Yeah I know what you are thinking... ANOTHER ONE?!

Yeah another one. I have been wanting one of these for a while, but never had the money to sink I I the cameras needed. Before Christmas 2015 I was able to snag a damaged Eumig. I held onto it until right after the new year when I printed a transition box template off one of the threads here to start testing the size. It seemed to look right, but I wouldn't know until I got the Kalimar.

A few weeks ago I found a Kalimar and Bell & Howell for cheap. Now the Kalimar didn't have the Kaligar lenses but it was also a lot cheaper than the camera with the correct lense, so I had to grab what I could, when I could.

I had the time this afternoon to breakdown all the cameras to start to put things back together. I harvested the Kalimar viewfinder, the two Kalimar knobs, the Kalimar lense ring, the B&H knob, and stripped the Eumig.

Here are the photos of what I did:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Re: Starwoid's Luke Macros Build

You're off to a great start ... even on a restricted budget :) Were there more pictures than one?

Chaim

So here are the other photos of the breakdown and some test fittings. I can't seem to figure out flipping them, sorry!

photo 2 (1).JPGphoto 3 (1).JPGphoto 4 (2).JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPG

Attachments

• photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    891.7 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    880.2 KB · Views: 85
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    862.4 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 4 (2).JPG
    photo 4 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

A few days after I posted last, I snagged the Seagull I needed to complete everything on the Macros besides the two Kaligar lenses.

I pulled the smaller knobs off the camera essentially destroying the camera body and pulled the larger knob off it as well. It took some figuring and precision, but I got the larger knob taken apart and test fitted it with the B&H knob.

Next up is getting the large knob put together, the transition box cut out and built and then mounting everything. This is where it gets tricky. I will bepouring over the other build threads in the coming weeks and taking my time to put this bad boy together.

IMG_2340.JPGIMG_2342.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back