6th Street Bridge, Los Angeles - History

Shame that it was set for demolition this past week.
Someone should go grab a piece since it is a piece of film history.

I'm sure a Fast and Furious and many other movie street chases, Speed and all have passed over that bridge in movies.
It was also odd driving it for a while as the middle lane would reverse traffic during certain time to alleviate traffic, but who knows how much more weight was being put on all at once as a result of that.

Here's a look...

1000.jpg

When filming SWAT Collin Ferrell movie), There was a real live high speed chase that ran through the final scene. All the actors dressed in full SWAT tactical gear could only just stand by and watch. I wonder what the real life criminals were thinking.

At one point real life interrupted the production, when the real L.A.P.D. engaged in a multi-vehicle high-speed chase across the bridge, with real L.A.P.D helicopters competing with the ones being used for the production. “We were up on the bridge rehearsing the scene,” Johnson recalls. “The jet was there on its side and there was a big stretch limo, leaving just enough room on either side for a single car to get through. Then we get a report from one of the production assistants that there’s a real high-speed chase coming our way. And this stolen car full of kids comes flying past us, followed by 15 police cars, through that narrow gap, like something out of ‘The Blues Brothers.’”

I work right next to this bridge. The civil engineers come in for coffee every morning. They're still figuring out what to do with the arches. One has been bought by some gazillionaire. Others might be saved and used in the LA river park (whenever that ends up happening).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back