New project for 2016 - Skeletor

Collar with base coat of paint.

42419302646d1c1625fc262c2f02f8f0.jpg

Thanks everybody. Only one week left before SDCC. Here's my task list.

P1:

Assemble and paint shoulder armor
Leather shoulder pieces
Cape
Paint monster feet and glue shoes inside
Finish leather "skirt"

P2:

Foot armor pieces
Belt segments with snakes
Find a way to attach sword
Embellish havoc staff

If I can crush the P1 list, I think I'm good to go. The P2 list might have to come after SDCC. We will see how much I can get done.

Thanks! I'm getting close to what I would consider wearable to SDCC. Still need the cape. That's the only part I haven't started yet. Going to tackle it this weekend.

Heat wasn't bad at all. Luckily it cooled down that day and inside I was fine. My biggest problem was my chest harness was slipping back. You can see how the chest piece is too high in the photos. I need to remake that. Oh and when packing up to head home, my staff fell and the ram skull shattered. So I need a new staff now.

I'm doing some more work on this costume. Making a new staff with a 3D printed ram skull I'll post pics when it's done. The final piece is printing now.

Now that I have the actual statue I'm going to make some adjustments to my costume as well. Will be taking it to SDCC again this year!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back