Adam Savage (tested) meets the screen used Blade Runner blaster

Polygon

I didn't see this posted anywhere and it's my first time posting to this part of the forum so let me know if I did something wrong. I just saw that they posted this on tested today!

Adam Savage visits fellow prop collector Dan Lanigan and the current owner of the original screen used Blade Runner Blaster, among other things, and puts his dirty mitts all over it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITiJkdL5QEQ

WOW! Thanks for posting this. I have lost a few pieces it seems to Dan!!! So that is where some of that stuff went....fantastic video! Thank you for posting it.

Yup, saw that damn vid-phone that I wanted from the prop store... I guess his disposable income is more than mine :(

WOW! Thanks for posting this. I have lost a few pieces it seems to Dan!!! So that is where some of that stuff went....fantastic video! Thank you for posting it.

It was great watching Adam finally hold the original prop he's toiled over for over 20 years.

That guy's collection is just obscene. Awesomely obscene. :thumbsup

Interesting how his replica is not quite as dark as the real deal.
I know people have gone back and forth on that, I bet he darkens his replica after this! LOL

Adam looked like a kid in a candy store!
Without fail, every single time I watch anything with Adam, I always leave wanting to go build something immediately!

Probably won't be able to build my own blaster, but definitely interested if anyone has some leads on a resin kit?

I know its a slap in the face to the sci fi community but the sad fact is that i have never seen blade runner (on my list for sure) Having said that, I LOVE the way this gun looks, the grips, the cylinder, everything just screams AWESOME. Worth mentioning that I follow adam savage and tested, and the sheer joy and passion that man has for the craft is beyond amazing. And like mr mold maker said, every time I see a vid, clip, read an article, or check the podcast, Adam always inspires me to want to build something. Great guy, great video, thanks for sharing it.

I got happy watching Adam be so happy - that was real pure joy we saw folks !
I truly love real moments like that I am glad he waited to see it till the cameras were rolling.

I know its a slap in the face to the sci fi community but the sad fact is that i have never seen blade runner (on my list for sure) Having said that, I LOVE the way this gun looks, the grips, the cylinder, everything just screams AWESOME. Worth mentioning that I follow adam savage and tested, and the sheer joy and passion that man has for the craft is beyond amazing. And like mr mold maker said, every time I see a vid, clip, read an article, or check the podcast, Adam always inspires me to want to build something. Great guy, great video, thanks for sharing it.

If you think that's bad, I have seen Blade Runner, and hated it. Sacrilege!
But I love seeing Adam's builds for these props, and his enthusiasm is always infectious. That's none more true than watching this video. I know all of us can understand the excitement of spending so much time researching/building a grail prop, and the rush of feelings and thoughts we'd get from seeing it in person.

Not really angry at you, just jealous. If only I could watch it again for the first time. What a beautiful film. You owe it to yourself...

I am definately excited to watch it for the first time. Just downloaded the final cut in 1080 so it should be good. who knows, might get into a blaster build........20 years from now ill have a "finished" piece ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back