1:1 Rey / Daisy Ridley (Star Wars Episode 7) WIP

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to take a little break for a while doing 1:1 sculptures, but that only lasted a good couple of weeks :lol.
Here's a new commissioned piece I'm doing of Rey / Daisy Ridley.
I've only had a few sittings with the sculpture, but it's moving quite fast compared to many of my other sculptures.
The customer wanted the eyes to do a slight squint and parted lips with some teeth showing.
I'm still working on getting these right since I don't have much reference pictures to go by with that same expression.
I still have quite a few things to work out, but any constructive criticism is always welcome.
The comparison picture is not the same expression, it's just to show if the anatomy of the face is close.
REY4.jpg

REYCOMP3.jpg

Anywho, thanks for looking!

Oh she's beautiful [emoji6]

Another fine piece of artwork

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpt has a bit of a Natalie Portman look currently. The main characteristic feature of Daisy Ridley's face is the lack of defined facial grooves and transitions. It's very smooth from cheek to mouth to nose to brow to chin. The mouth definitely needs to be narrowed and lips made thinner and the facial details smoothed out more at the cheeks and mouth groove and under the eyes.

EDIT: just noticed something. The whole area above the mouth needs to be pulled down - nose, eyes and top of the brow - compared to the reference. I know they are not angled the same, but I still think that would enhance the likeness.

Vash-Daisy-001.jpg

Last edited:
Also reworked the lower eyelids making the eyes larger and giving her that strange shape at her inner eye corners which is rather uncharacteristic of how they normally look on most people.
Vash-Daisy-002.jpg

Thanks for all the input everyone!!!
This picture was after only four sittings with the sculpt and usually it takes me a good 20+ sittings before texture work, so it's early in the process, but moving steadily.
I've done quite a bit of work since this last picture, so I'll post more progress pictures soon.
I'll keep all the suggestions in mind, but the commissioner of the piece really wants a more squinted eye look to her, so I can't open up her eyes too much.

Thanks for all the input everyone!!!
This picture was after only four sittings with the sculpt and usually it takes me a good 20+ sittings before texture work, so it's early in the process, but moving steadily.
I've done quite a bit of work since this last picture, so I'll post more progress pictures soon.
I'll keep all the suggestions in mind, but the commissioner of the piece really wants a more squinted eye look to her, so I can't open up her eyes too much.

Yes. The squint [emoji7]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back