1:1 Rey / Daisy Ridley (Star Wars Episode 7) WIP

Excellent work VashDstampede! All your refinements have paid off. It's very close but I still don't quite "see her". To the best that I can tell you've gotten the spatial relationships between the eyes, nose and mouth correct. I think ( as it looks in the photos ) that the hinge points of her lower jaw might still be too strong. Her cheekbones are the widest points on her face, as it stands now you have her jawbone out just as far. I think her lower face is a bit more V shaped as opposed to U shaped. Hope those suggestions help. Your talent and skill are self-evident. I only offer my opinion in the hopes of you achieving the best result. Great work!

Farrell27 that is a great critique and I totally agree and am making the needed adjustments. I really appreciate any and all suggestions and I take them into consideration as much as possible.

Ely completely nailed the likeness on the Black Widow and Catwoman busts, I have no doubt Rey will be just as accurate when he's done with it. He's one of the best female sculptors here.

I have made some pretty major structural changes to the shape of the face, but still need to clean it up a bit before posting pics. Maybe by the weekend.

Say what ????? [emoji47]

Reel

"I only pay for everything, design everything and make everyone look cool"

OCD hits again bud. We both knew it would rear its ugly head, but hopefully for a prettier, more accurate one ;).

Yea, I knew it would. [emoji12] No surprise there. It's good though. Accuracy, all about accuracy!! [emoji14]

Reel

"I only pay for everything, design everything and make everyone look cool"

Thanks for the compliments reelprops and Too Much Garlic!
I'm still catching back up to get her to proper form again, so I still have lots more refinement to go, but here's where I'm at so far:
REY8.jpg

Sorry for the dark picture and harsh lighting, but I hope you can see a bit of a difference in her. She's a little less "old" looking and not so large set of jaws.

Great work VashDstampede! I can truly see Daisy Ridley now! Her jaw line looks great and your efforts to make her look more youthful have really paid off. Trying to capture the likeness of a young, attractive woman is probably one of the hardest sculptural challenges there is. It's all subtlety. She has no laugh lines,crows feet or distinguishing features to help map the way. She's just delicate features floating in cream. Very difficult. You have much to be proud of!

Looking better. It still has some characteristics of the old work, but looking less like Natalie Portman now. I still think you should narrow the mouth a bit, or at least slim the lower lip. And then smooth all the facial grooves.

This is looking great. The improvements definitely show through.

One of the best tips I ever got was "don't try to sculpt color." The lines and fold areas on her face are definitely very subtle. I think if you tone those down just a tad more, the likeness will be spot on! Color should do the rest of the work. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back