Update kit for my 37 1/2 inch Galactica kit, full landing bays with clear parts.

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Molds are up and running on this. The long overdue upgrade kit for my 3 foot galactica kit. The landing bay full extension. The upgrade kit comes with 2 new landing bay end caps, 2 end cap details, 4 part landing bay detail inserts, 8 launch rail clusters (not pictured 4 for each side), The 4 landing bay details consist of 2 short floors for the entry to each landing bay, the corresponding ceiling details for the landing bay, then 2 long floor/sidewall details and the ceiling detail. The long ceiling detail will be offered in solid resin and clear resin, with the clear resin you can use a 3mm led in each of the lighting fixture details on the part, this will allow for a nicely diffused light effect in each of the 4 light fixtures. More details soon, i hope to have tiny shuttles and vipers available for order from a 3d printing shop.

I will post a JY thread in a day or so. The update kit can be purchased separate for those you show already have the full kit or in conjunction with new orders. Either way the price winds up the same as separate kits or a bundle, that way no one who already has the full kit is paying more. The 3 foot full kit will come standard with the old bays for a lower price, or with the upgrade for a higher price. Pm me for info or look for a JY Thread. Will post pics of the castings tomorrow.
IMG_2345_zps8pyvpfq9.jpgIMG_2355_zpskkdh0pew.jpgIMG_2360_zpsil5atvxw.jpgIMG_2357_zps5oamvazy.jpgIMG_2361_zpsnu34zhne.jpgIMG_2342_zpsh8esxsw9.jpgIMG_2351_zps9artqfm8.jpg

Where are the pics of this beautiful monster and will I have to sell an organ to buy one? I love Galactica. I always wanted a Muffitt 2! Who wasn't traumatized by Muffitt's death? Anyway I am getting off topic. Look forward to ANYTHING to do with OBSG!

Thanks a lot Mike! Now it's going to be even longer before I can finish my Galactica, now that I have to save up for this kit!!!

:cool

Attachments

• 2ufej9i.jpg
    2ufej9i.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 165
Outstanding Mike !!!
Is there are a little chance to include some tiny Vipers/Shuttles in the kit as well ? I know, they become verry small - something around 4,7mm for a Viper.
Maybe one of the 3D Artists out here is able to do them on shapeways.

Yes, this is in process. The shuttles are done and will be available soon, vipers are almost done, and there may even be a landram.

In short, they will be offered thru a 3rd party website, once i get the ok to mention who i will, but it's a trusted vendor for sure.

They will be bundled something like 2 shuttles, 5 vipers, and a landram in 1 package. All 3d printed in very high res, all you should have to do is prime and paint. At this tiny scale resin casting, while possible, is not a great option. 3d printed will cost a little more than casting, but not much, and the time you save will be more than worth it.

I am excited to see what people can do with the full landing bays and 3d printed stuff.
mike

Outstanding Mike !!!
Is there are a little chance to include some tiny Vipers/Shuttles in the kit as well ? I know, they become verry small - something around 4,7mm for a Viper.
Maybe one of the 3D Artists out here is able to do them on shapeways.

This thing is so amazing. The landram would be so incredible. I used to have the toy version back in the day. Will you be crafting any Cylon Raiders, Mike?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back