1989 Batman Batsuit Vault

I think for the most part I have this figured out (In my mind) on how I am going to build this thing. I will make it 7 ft tall and that makes it roughly 3.15 ft wide. That makes the door 6.125 ft tall and 2.975 ft wide. I am also going to have to figure out the cost as I know I will have to at least get 7 sheets of 4x8 ft of wood.Hoping not to go over $350, but with projects you never know. I am also putting together a rough blueprint. Of course the real blueprint is much bigger.

Bat vault blurprint final 800.jpg

For more reference, my Begins armoire is about 80" x 48" internally, with about 4 more inches in each dimension externally counting all the trim bits. So total space occupied in the room is about 84"x54". The only way to transport it is to lay it on it's left or right side on a furniture dolly and wheel it around.

That's what I Amy end up doing. I'll make it 7 feet tall and just wide enough that j can get it through doors and make the door remove able to move it separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing job on recreating the design of the '89 batsuit vault. I never knew about the special set-up for the bat gadgets. Where did those images come from?

Just found this thread!

Those red lined "blueprints" are mine. This is a project I've wanted to do forever!

Awesome to see somebody else interested in tackling it!

I drew those plans before the "Pallet Photo" was uncovered. I definitely need to revisit the plans and see what new information can be applied to them.

Here's a quick mockup I made of the weapon layout on the door. The sizing should be fairly accurate.
Vault-Work.jpg

These photos were screen grabs from an old "behind the scenes" video-
PDVD_773.jpgPDVD_772.jpgPDVD_679.jpgPDVD_673.jpgPDVD_674.jpgPDVD_678.jpg

Also the best shots from the film-
PDVD_652.jpgPDVD_038.jpgPDVD_105.jpgPDVD_544.jpgPDVD_545.jpgPDVD_547.jpgPDVD_647.jpgPDVD_653.jpg

and a nice promo photo-

889-alfred-vault.jpg

Thanks for those. Yeah I believe this can actually be built without too much difficulty..the only hard mart in my opinion is going to find a life size replica of that line launcher.

In that "Pallet photo" you can see that one of the nuts on the bottom of the door has fallen off and can clearly see that the vault is made (for the most part) of wood. Thought I would use PVC pipe for the round bits and mimic welds with hot glue and some clever paint work.

Also since it's basically just a box there's got to be a nice simple way to build it so that it can be broken down into it's component four sides, top, bottom and door. Screws and bolts hidden away in some inconspicuos areas would work. I was hoping to do that to my own so that it could be stored or transported if nessesary.

I am going to make the box and door so that the door can be taken off to move it as there is no way you could move it through a door with the door on, but could without it tilted on its side

I think making all those layer circles where the door meets the box is the trickiest aspect. It's easy if you don't care about using a LOT of material but I'd like to make it sort of lightweight so that a heavy duty hinge wouldn't be needed.

I also spent a bunch of time researching how real vault doors work since I too wanted to make that wheel turn and unlock the bars so that it could open.

Found this nice shot of what's happening underneath the cylinders covering the junction-

bank-vault_3.jpgbank-vault_2.jpg

Yeah I thought about making it "work" but the way I am making it, I can make it static, then if I want to make it work I can later. Mainly just want to get a mock up first, then worry about the fine details later. Appreciate all the info. Definitely will help

I'll be following this, since I am going to be getting a full set of 89 gadgets and would love to build a static display that looks like the inside of the door. I have no idea what to use for the outer "metal" oval parts.

I am going to steam and soak some wood boards to get it to bend.

I have other stuff on the table right now so it is going to be a bit before I can start on this.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back