I Will Find You. All of You: Crossbones Civil War WIP.

The back plate attaches with buckles to the front at the top of the shoulders , it attaches to the molle vest in the middle with buckles, and then an elastic strap that velcros it to the bottom of the molle vest. you can see all three attachments in the pic.

on the mags I just wrapped it around the front armor plate and velcro'ed it in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 667222

Maybe this helps too

Thanks, it looks awesome. Do you have the pattern for the vest, by the way?

Thanks, it looks awesome. Do you have the pattern for the vest, by the way?

no i sure don't sorry. For the molle vest I free hand patterned it after the base armor with the collar and the other piece on top of that with the armor plates on it were made.
once they were made I put it all on and patterned it so it would line up the way I wanted .
Basically I made the costume from the bottom layer out so I could make sure it fit on top of each other properly.

I'm hoping to make the general shape of my vest based on a Uniqlo down vest like the one here: http://uniqlo.scene7.com/is/image/UNIQLO/goods_12_127500?$pdp-medium$ but with the same black canvas-like material that I've been using and with the custom padding design. Do you have any pictures of the vest without anything attached to it that I can use as a reference for the padding design? I could probably recreate it from a picture.

these are the only 3 I took of it . no progress pics sorry. I designed it as an over the head body armor with a collar. it velcros on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

torso.jpgtorso3.jpgtorso4.jpg

Last edited:
These are the chest and back plates I've built as of today. They buckle together at the waist area and are attached by sliders at the shoulders. They're a bit loose on me but I'm hoping that the padded vest will help with that (I'm 5'3 and rather skinny). The chest and back plates are made out of EVA foam and riveted together.

IMG_20160927_064551.jpg

IMG_20160927_064504.jpg

I think I made the main chest plate too short since it often slips out of the two front buckles, but I'm hoping to fix that.

Last edited:
Wow, that looks great! it really does. I like the simplicity of it all. will the back plate straps connect to the front plate straps ?

They will. I have a pair of sliders that I'm going to be using to connect them. I'm hoping to make the vest soon and post a good pic of me wearing the whole thing.

That does look good! Did you make the plates out of foam?

Yes, I did. I used grey EVA foam, sanded the fake metal texture off of the back, added the ridges and sprayed everything with Plasti-Dip. I then riveted everything together and attached the buckles. I'm currently working on the shin guards and shoulder pads and I'm planning on starting the vest, gauntlets and helmet very soon (it's for Halloween).

Also, did you make a pattern for the foam parts of the gauntlets? That would be quite useful.

The base is just a foam gauntlet that is large enough to slide over sleeves .
I might have some of the patterns I used for a few of the larger parts that were glued onto the base .

I'm strongly considering velcroing the back of the chest plate to the vest since I made it a bit loose and I don't want to drive myself crazy resizing everything. Did anyone else run into a problem like that?

Also, did you make a pattern for the foam parts of the gauntlets? That would be quite useful.

These are the only patterns I made for the gauntlets. the base was just a circular gauntlet that slides on there are tutorials out there for that.
The other detail was added to that base. I would suggest starting with the base and it will come together if you have worked with foam before.

- - - Updated - - -

gauntlet%20body%20breakdown.jpgIMG_20161002_080500066.jpg

Also I had this as well that helped me with the details

gauntlet%20body%20breakdown.jpg

IMG_20161002_080500066.jpg

all I have are these. its all craft foam and Velcro. painted with acrylic. didn't take much time at all.

foam parts.jpgmags and knives.jpg

My shotgun shells as of yesterday. The shells are made out of corks, with the caps laser-cut out of MDF and Krazy Glued to the cork. I then used Squadron White putty to fill in the gaps and painted them. The other ends are painted bright orange for safety reasons.

IMG_20161008_185249.jpg

I'm thinking of ordering the beacon from Airsplat. Has anyone bought from them before?

Halloween Costume.jpg

Finally finished the build! The gauntlets are made out of foam, wood dowels and PVC. The whole thing held up well and received a ton of compliments.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back