I Will Find You. All of You: Crossbones Civil War WIP.

soooo accurate i love it dude! i really liked him in the movie too. iv just finished my helmet, this build is inspirational.
I really appreciate the kind words and hope the thread helps.
I would love to see your helmet and build in a thread. post some pics.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching this one for a while, and this person has done some really amazing things!
Keep up the good work, sir!

Hey , thank you! its been a fun few months on this one

couple pics from the premier weekend.
premier1.jpg
My youngest son snapped this one.
IMG_1358.JPG
Avengers selfie
premier2.jpg
cap and bones
IMG_1350.JPG
That kick though...
IMG_1352.JPG

premier1.jpg

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

premier2.jpg

I wanted to try to replicate the Empire picture. Got permission to shoot a few shots in front of this building over the weekend and this is what me and my son came up with.
I think its pretty close under the timeframe we had.
5201198-5895563859-FullS.jpgunspecifiedE13M4LWD.jpgunspecified34VOLPTI.jpg

plus a couple extra for fun
unspecified8EWT3ASN.jpgunspecified1DOHTUX3.jpgunspecified49RMLKBU.jpg

5201198-5895563859-FullS.jpg

unspecifiedE13M4LWD.jpg

unspecified34VOLPTI.jpg

unspecified8EWT3ASN.jpg

unspecified1DOHTUX3.jpg

unspecified49RMLKBU.jpg

Love the full length shot, man. You really nailed it!

I have to ask, are those the two different types of gauntlets there, or did you modify the first set to flip back?

Last edited:
Love the full length shot, man. You really nailed it!

I have to ask, are those the two different types of gauntlets there, or did you modify the first set to flip back?

Thanks ! there are 2 different sets. I made a second set after a few pics were released of them retracted.

Last edited:
One set for hands free (retracted), one set full on power gauntlet for punching.
on the retracted ones the handle does flip up, but too much work to make the puncher expand and retract.
I did have the idea to make a sequence of pics in the same pose with the handle rotating up and then change to the full gauntlets for the finished one, but we were in a time crunch, so all we got was this.

unspecified1DOHTUX3.jpgunspecifiedTI6P0SMV.jpg

unspecified1DOHTUX3.jpg

unspecifiedTI6P0SMV.jpg

Awesome build,Malibu :thumbsup thank you so much for sharing !
Now that the deadline was met and with the blueprints in the back of your head,would you still consider making the animatronic gauntlets ?
Just wondering

Awesome build,Malibu :thumbsup thank you so much for sharing !
Now that the deadline was met and with the blueprints in the back of your head,would you still consider making the animatronic gauntlets ?
Just wondering
Thanks a bunch George.
i might try that at a later time but I am good with just changing them out for now. just have to carry an extra set around.
I think its doable ,however I am not sure how the puncher head would work. its smaller in the retracted pictures than it is with the puncher extended over the hand.
I think it would be too big when its sitting on the wrists. the punching head on the retracted ones I made are considerably smaller than the other set and they still look big to me.
so more than likely not., ha

What camo style did you use for the pants and did you dye them?

Most folks seem to use tiger stripe, but the pants in the movie look custom to me. I couldn't find BDU's that fit and I didn't have time to buy too large and then alter them.
I had some wrangler camo pants from target and they seem to be close enough (but don't have any brown in them). That's what I used,
I didn't dye them.

I might revisit the BDU's if I can find a deal and get in the sewing mood...

Helmet:
I found a file on etsy that I thought was pretty close. I got it printed by one of the members in project runs that provide 3d printing services.
Once I received it and made sure it fit fairly well I started the sanding priming process.
Then I painted a flat black and my wife helped with the white "skull" detail.
I don't have good pic of the back right now but I velcroed an elastic strap the goes through the slot in the back and holds the 2 halves together.
I am really happy with the way it turned out.
View attachment 587268View attachment 587269View attachment 587270View attachment 587271View attachment 587272View attachment 587273

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did the print cost? I'm cosplaying as Crossbones but on a budget.

Power gauntlets are done. They are craft foam, pvc, wooden dowel, screws etc. I plasti- dipped then painted with flat metallic nickel
Got the helmet and will be working on that next.
Will get back to the armor soon.

.View attachment 585276
View attachment 585266View attachment 585267View attachment 585268View attachment 585270View attachment 585271View attachment 585273

That is awesome! I'm hoping to build my own power gauntlets for Halloween... how much would you say it cost to build them and how much time did you spend on them? They look badass!

That is awesome! I'm hoping to build my own power gauntlets for Halloween... how much would you say it cost to build them and how much time did you spend on them? They look badass!
Thanks!
Gauntlets took about a week to week and a half working on them here and there. I would say about 15-20 hours. I made one then the other... if I did it again I would just double everything while I was doing it the first time.

Cost I used cheep craft foam sheets from hobby lobby. so maybe 10 bucks in foam. $5 - 10 total in pvc/wood, bottle contact cement 5 bucks, couple bucks on screws and can 1 can of plastidip and one can of paint.

on the helmet:
I have 2 at this point. the original I purchased the file for $15 and looked on the classifieds on the forum and a member there printed and shipped to me.
the other was purchased off ETSY and was customized to my size for 85 plus$20 shipping. it was from oversees and took a bit to get here but I like it better.

both were similar in cost.I like the customized one on the right a little better

IMG_20160913_081945894.jpg

hope this helps

on the helmet:
I have 2 at this point. the original I purchased the file for $15 and looked on the classifieds on the forum and a member there printed and shipped to me.
the other was purchased off ETSY and was customized to my size for 85 plus$20 shipping. it was from oversees and took a bit to get here but I like it better.

both were similar in cost.I like the customized one on the right a little better

View attachment 665070

hope this helps

I've never had very good luck with 3D printing, plus I personally don't want to spend $100 or so on a helmet. But I did find this papercraft file: https://www.etsy.com/listing/250006...captain-america-civil?ref=shop_home_active_29 that looks pretty good for foam. And I think it might be by the same seller who did the 3D printing file you used.

I think I have everything done, the only thing missing from this pic is the coiled wire over the left buckle and some ornamental rivets.
I re did the buckles from foam to foam covered in 65 d, sanded primed and painted silver.
All I have to do is paint up the X on the chest. and this is ready for next weekend.
Here it is before I tweaked the buckles and with the coil.
View attachment 619993

with new buckels
View attachment 619982

Final suit up before this weekend.
Also realized I hadn't posted pics of the back of the set up, it took some time to get everything spaced right.
had to size the back armor and the triangle outer vest to fit together and make sure it lined up in the front.
View attachment 620981View attachment 620982

Also a couple with the full gauntlets
View attachment 620983View attachment 620984

So how exactly is the top of the back plate attached to the front? I haven't quite figured that out yet...

And also, with the front mag pouches, where exactly are they attached? Are they fastened behind the main chest plate or something?

So how exactly is the top of the back plate attached to the front? I haven't quite figured that out yet...

And also, with the front mag pouches, where exactly are they attached? Are they fastened behind the main chest plate or something?

The back plate attaches with buckles to the front at the top of the shoulders , it attaches to the molle vest in the middle with buckles, and then an elastic strap that velcros it to the bottom of the molle vest. you can see all three attachments in the pic.

on the mags I just wrapped it around the front armor plate and velcro'ed it in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

torso back.jpg

Maybe this helps too

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back