The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

Re: The X-Files Starts Tonight (1/24)--DON'T FORGET!

Buwahahaha!!!

Scully Squirk 1.jpg

Scullly CBG 2.jpg

Last edited:

What did happen to squirk?

Gone the way of Mic, and Mverta?

Man, I miss those guys.

Anyway. I Missed the last episode. Loved the 1st episode and the fact it flipped every thing upside down from the series and movies.

I've also liked the stand alones. But hope they get back to the actual story from ep1.

Question: for those of you who HATE episode 1 and complaining about the govt conspiracy theories...

Why would you even watch this show???

That is hilarious to me.

If I had never seen or heard a thing about the show... Just the name alone...X files...

Screams conspiracy.

That's like hating stars and war and being let down by a Star Wars movie...

Hilarious. We should re name this section to "hate-hate-hate-hate-complain."

Man, I miss those guys.

Anyway. I Missed the last episode. Loved the 1st episode and the fact it flipped every thing upside down from the series and movies.

I've also liked the stand alones. But hope they get back to the actual story from ep1.

Question: for those of you who HATE episode 1 and complaining about the govt conspiracy theories...

That is hilarious to me.

If I had never seen or heard a thing about the show... Just the name alone...X files...

Screams conspiracy.

Squirk wasn't banned, I don't think. He still pops up around here. Mic and Mike were both banned.

I don't think he was banned. When the mods did away with what we used to fondly refer to as "horndog" threads back in the day (said with hand over heart), Squirk drifted off in pursuit.

He still pops up from time to time.

Man, I miss those guys.

That is hilarious to me.

Screams conspiracy.

That's not it at all. Throughout the history of the X-Files, there have actually been aliens abducting people, etc. and the government has been covering up the truth. Now, they're trying to say that there have never been alien abductions, it's all been the government just pretending to be aliens so they could kidnap people. That's what people are objecting to. They've totally changed the whole dynamic of the show.

This is bugging me... At the end of the episode, when Guy runs of into the woods. I've seen that somewhere, the way he runs. Anyone?

And when Mulder's ring tone was the theme? Maybe that was a little too meta.

I had no problem with the ring tone. I like it.

I mean, in Iron Man, tony's ring tone is the IM theme from the 90's cartoon. I know it's been done in other shows and movies as well.

I actually liked super-sceptical Mulder. And the camera app was funny.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Just finished watching the first ep. And it was BAD!!! BAD TV!!!

Holy crud, who wrote that episode?! A bunch of monkeys with typewriters? Who directed that episode, who directed the actors?! A first year community college multimedia student?!

I am so damn disappointed.

The worst was that they did not seem to have a basic understanding of how time passes in a movie!!! Immediate jumps from one location to the next, Scully meeting the MD in the park and in the next scene he is back at the hut/cabin/house of the abducted woman?! This did not happen once but IMO very often throughout the whole episode.
Mulders office left untouched for what, ten+ years with pencils in the ceiling and his fave poster (no creases, no pinholes) on the floor?

The dialogue was so corny I was tempted to try and play some of it in front of a pan filled with oil, hoping that I´d at least get some popcorn out of the evening!

A zero point energy driven vehicle, a multi-billion-dollar-project, stored in an old hangar with paper-thin doors, no private army to protect it, blown up by a bunch of pseudo-military types?! C´mon!!!

And what happened to Scully?! Did she abuse diet products?

Worst relaunch evarrr !

Five more eps to go ...

I get the impression you didn't like it.

I'm liking it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i enjoyed this episode, though I'm little confused about the bandaid man... is he gone now?

All I know is I saw new badges I have to get!

So who was driving the garbage truck? Was the truck a figment as well?

I did not care for the first episode but the following ones have gotten better and better! Hope they get another season!

i enjoyed this episode, though I'm little confused about the bandaid man... is he gone now?

I very much enjoyed last night's episode. Really felt like a classic X-Files episode. I think the Trashman is still out there based on the art on the wall at the end.

anyone care to explain what the heck I was watching last night? lol the trash man was a manifestation of that bald guy in the dark?

that's why he said the monsters in the hall way will slowly disappear?

It sounded to me like the artist guy unleashed it somehow. It's kind of fuzzy what the explanation was. This really reminded me of that episode "Arcadia" where they go undercover in a planned community and the trash monster was killing people who violated the homeowner's association rules.

I did not care for the first episode but the following ones have gotten better and better! Hope they get another season!

I agree, the first episode was an unnecessary and ill thought out attempt to breathe life back into the never ending conspiracy story line. The following episodes have been highly entertaining.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back