ILM X-Wing Weathering Versus Damage

image.jpegHere's the cover of my game , I'll try and get a better one
Plenty of that on the Falcon.
When you consider how well some of these pieces were glued on, I'm starting to think fans are harvesting parts off the model as keep sakes( I knew someone who worked as a projectionist in a cinema and took a cell off many of his favourite films ) ,
The damage to the top gun makes sense as its exposed and it's been documented that it was dropped , but some of the sturdier pieces on the Mandela are much lower in profile than the engines and they are missing.
i tried to strip down some scratch built engines I had built 14 years ago, some of them were similar shapes to the items missing from the falcon.......some wouldn't come off with any amount of leverage.

...When you consider how well some of these pieces were glued on, I'm starting to think fans are harvesting parts off the model as keep sakes( I knew someone who worked as a projectionist in a cinema and took a cell off many of his favourite films ) ,
The damage to the top gun makes sense as its exposed and it's been documented that it was dropped , but some of the sturdier pieces on the Mandela are much lower in profile than the engines and they are missing...

Many of the parts were superglued to the primer which wouldn't give a very good bond. But there could have been some trophy hunting as well.

What's the prevailing theory (or known facts) on these grey lines on the Red 2 engines?

View attachment 585671

The lines are visible in period ILM photos, this is from the Famous Spaceships book from 1978. Yuge pic.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back