1966 tv Batmobile 1/6th scale

It's amazing that the hinging of the door makes a real difference in making this look like a scale model rather than a toy, really enjoying this thread

Okay, I took a day off from the shop now I've been busy still in progress but pics coming working on some of the door detail which is coming along nice. Thanks.....Jim

Alrighty then, its really cold in my shop my breaker box is all messed up can't run my heat or my compressor but I do have my lights and plugs. Plus running day for wife so didn't get much done but the arm rest I was working on, so here it is. Picture 569.jpgPicture 570.jpgPicture 571.jpgPicture 572.jpg well I've got a lot to do more sanding and priming but I'm about to go on robins side of the car and get that door done as far as mounting it which will go easy cause I done it once hopefully once that's done I can go on and primer the car then get everything back on the inside. well more to come stay tuned. Thanks......Jim

Looking at Vac's photo shot looks like there is a knob that goes on the arm rest well more detail work. Thanks.....Jim

Well, not getting much done did do a little puttying, whilest I wait for some break in the weather. My shop is like 14 degrees I had to take all my paint into the house so it wouldn't freeze. Well I am not going with parks as well so I went korbanth 2.0 something I will build once I getest all the parts. I do love light sabers but never really got any only a cool toy, now I'm getting the real thing. Well better anyways. Okay enough of that once I am able the next part I'm working on is robins door, I've been studying and I am ready to get this done so I can finish some sanding. there are some redo's on parts of the dash I just want to make the dash better and now you can see everything inside so Ill improve some of this stage of the build as end caps for the dash as well for other parts. Stay tuned..more to come.....Thanks.......Jim

Okay, temps up a bit so I started some work on robins door still liking quite a bunch of cutting left on this before it fits into place.Picture 573.jpgPicture 574.jpgPicture 575.jpg well I'm using a carbide bit in a drill which is hard to do not as fast as a shaft tool, and the back requires a lot of stock to be removed but slow is better than nothing. more to do so more to come stay tuned. Thanks...Jim

Okay, Bout time got a break in the weather and back in the shop, YEP for sure having model with drawls, got some cutting done on robins door and it fits perfectly. working on getting all this to mesh up in the hinge and its looking good did a lot of sanding as well.Picture 576.jpgPicture 577.jpgPicture 578.jpgPicture 579.jpg stay tuned more to come. Thanks.....Jim

Okay in my last post robins door is being fitted as well as epoxyed in it didn't mesh up so I tore it out and got it rite here is pics of everything happening and also got it all back in black and Vac you are rite about this looking more like a model now here are pics also of the door deal complete now to move on to other parts of the build.Picture 586.jpgPicture 587.jpgPicture 588.jpgPicture 589.jpgPicture 594.jpgPicture 596.jpgPicture 598.jpgPicture 599.jpgPicture 600.jpgPicture 601.jpgPicture 602.jpgPicture 603.jpgPicture 607.jpgPicture 608.jpg Well as said stay tuned plenty more to come now that this is behind me..Thanks.....Jim

Okay in my last post robins door is being fitted as well as epoxyed in it didn't mesh up so I tore it out and got it rite here is pics of everything happening and also got it all back in black and Vac you are rite about this looking more like a model now here are pics also of the door deal complete now to move on to other parts of the build.View attachment 594420View attachment 594421View attachment 594422View attachment 594423View attachment 594425View attachment 594426View attachment 594427View attachment 594428View attachment 594429View attachment 594430View attachment 594431View attachment 594432View attachment 594433View attachment 594434 Well as said stay tuned plenty more to come now that this is behind me..Thanks.....Jim
great looking, and great progress well done, with both doors open I can hear that theme music again and the stomp of two superheroes approaching .....keep it up

Okay here we go a lot of busy stuff going on in the shop.Picture 609.jpgPicture 610.jpgPicture 611.jpgPicture 612.jpgPicture 613.jpgPicture 614.jpgPicture 616.jpgPicture 617.jpgPicture 618.jpgPicture 621.jpgPicture 622.jpgPicture 623.jpg Thanks Vac I can here that music in my head to whilest I work on it stay tuned more to come. Thanks.....Jim

I think I would like to replace the mesh if I could find the rite mesh been looking every where can't find it. Well if I cant I will just leave what I have, and thanks for your response. I still have a lot of body work to get done I have some red putty that wants to raise up on me but the red putty is done lots of sanding. This car is made out of some kind of stuff that is almost to hard to work with but its getting there day by day given good weather. Thanks....Jim

Okay, Been messing around in the shop today did a little detail work and a lot more sanding and priming the car is now ready for paint. Here is my thoughts on this, I'm not sure which way to go on this rattle can or spray gun, with my breaker box all jacked up, I can't spray so I've been studying diff. types of rattle can paint and there is a very good paint I think will do the trick with a very high gloss. Also spray gunning will give me the same finish I will just have to be calm and wait to do this I don't want to rush anything on this part. I still have to wet sand then paint. with the high gloss I could come back with a fine wet sand then spray a high gloss clear which can be done ether way. Well damn how bout some pics.Picture 624.jpgPicture 625.jpgPicture 626.jpgPicture 627.jpgPicture 628.jpg Stay tuned more to come.....Thanks.....Jim

Picture 644.jpgOkay robins door is now complete, kinda put things back in place to see how its going to look. I was going to wait on paint for the reason of making my plugs for the vac forming but I made a pattern that will work so paint is next as soon as it warms up a bit still cold in the shop, I have a small heater but it pulls to many amps and trips my breaker this has been a problem for me this season my shop is most toasty during this time of year but breaker box went bad on me, working on getting this fixed. Here's some pics.View attachment 597054View attachment 597055View attachment 597056View attachment 597057View attachment 597058View attachment 597060View attachment 597062View attachment 597063View attachment 597064View attachment 597065View attachment 597067View attachment 597068View attachment 597070View attachment 597071 Well stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks.....Jim

Okay robins door is now complete, kinda put things back in place to see how its going to look. I was going to wait on paint for the reason of making my plugs for the vac forming but I made a pattern that will work so paint is next as soon as it warms up a bit still cold in the shop, I have a small heater but it pulls to many amps and trips my breaker this has been a problem for me this season my shop is most toasty during this time of year but breaker box went bad on me, working on getting this fixed. Here's some pics.View attachment 597054View attachment 597055View attachment 597056View attachment 597057View attachment 597058View attachment 597060View attachment 597062View attachment 597063View attachment 597064View attachment 597065View attachment 597067View attachment 597068View attachment 597070View attachment 597071

Okay lets try that again sorry guys I'm a noob at this downloading I will add more pics cause you guys can't see the others but stay tuned lots more to come. Thanks JimPicture 629.jpgPicture 631.jpgPicture 633.jpgPicture 634.jpgPicture 630.jpgPicture 641.jpg

OOOoooooooooo love the doors opening up !!!! Simply Amazing !!!
Thanks Guy I will use the rare earth magnets to hold them tighter closed but they stay closed with no problems, I'm trying to get it ready for Wonderfest contest well see still lots to do and more to come. Thanks....Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back