Vehicle Measurements - Includes Guns?

Waketrail

Hi there. I am new to the RPF. I've been looking for a community to join and I thought this one is probably the closest to what I've been looking for.

I've decide to try my hands at building a full custom model. I've been thinking of building a UT-AT from Star Wars Episode 3. Should be easy with all the flat panels.
There are some good pictures from the Star Wars wiki site. I don't know where they got them, but they are certainly clearer than the ones in the Star Wars Chronicle book. I've also been looking at the DeAgostini diecast vehicle. I better go buy one for reference.

My Questions

1. When the source (books and web) provides a Length measurement; does that include the guns sticking forward?

2. Why does Star Wars Canon have different measurement from Legend. Is Canon excluding the guns, antennas and other parts?

Thanks,
Andy

To address part of your question, the official Star Wars numbers are arbitrary and often nonsensical. I usually will study the model used on screen and figure out my own ideas for how big the thing is based on cues I find there. Turns out both X-Wings and TIE fighters are larger than the offical numbers, and A-Wings are smaller.

So, it doesn't really matter. Just go with what looks right.

--Alex

UTAT.jpgATTE-SWE.jpg

Looking at the AT-UT it seems to have the same gun on top (with a shorter barrel) and the same driver cabin as the AT-TE

If you have the Revell AT-TE kit or even an F-Toys AT-TE, you can scale it up or down based on measuring those areas.

I do have the Revell one (it is around 1/100 scale) I could take some measurements if needed

The AT-UT, a very interesting looking vehicle that gets little attention, I can't offer better advice than the above in terms of scale, but I'll be interested to see what you do with it :)
I'd always hoped they'd release it as a Lego set of this to go with the rest of the Clone Wars collection; after all the AT-OT got a release and it probably had just as much screen time..
I found out a while later that Lego actually made a concept set of the AT-UT. There's a nice picture of it in the Updated Lego Star Wars - Visual Dictionary.
Anyway, sorry to ramble on about Lego, I've just never seen this vehicle brought up anywhere and I find it interesting :) best of luck with your build!

Last edited:
Funny thing is, I never heard of the vehicle until this thread. After checking into it more supposedly it even appeared in Revenge of the Sith?

Albertese, Thanks for the advice! I thought I would try itout.
The wiki page says Length 23.8m .
Looking at screen shots from the movie. The vehicle looksmassive and no way could be 23m long.
There is one screen shot where there is a clone trooperrunning a bit in front of it. Assuming the clone trooper is 1.83m (6ft) talland I laid him sideways. It takes about 5 to 6 troopers to equal the width of themain vehicle body; making it about 10m (32.8ft)
Now looking at profile pictures, the vehicle body length is2x its width. So 2x 10m = 20m. Add in the guns and it looks like it carreally be 23.8 meters.
Awesome! Surprised…. The vehicle looks huge.

Blakeh1, Good advice. I have anF-Toys AT-ET at home. I will check itout tonight.
I love the look of this vehicle (not practical though). Ithink it’s the Star Wars version of a military hovercraft. Too bad it had sucha short moment on screen. Hopefully they make a Clone Wars movie one day withsome serious battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back