star trek enterprise - fifteen years later

So I am LOVING season 4 right now. I just finished the romulan maurader arc. Fantastic stuff. As i mentioned earlier, it feel a slot more like Stargate sg1, sturcture-wise.

And the andorians are badass

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe Daniels could save Romulus from being destroyed so we could get rid of the Kelvin time line?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

you would think..

although, maybe their fail safe on that is 'if it's too big an event that changes a universe, we can't interfere'.

the IDW comic had a series of issues where the comic started out with Q in the original universe talking to picard, in a great scene where he threatens to go to this newly created universe. after he does, and vanishes in front of picard, picard just says something like 'probably best if i didn't know'..

and they repeat this scene at the end when q comes back super charged and even more god like than before.

they could have even used something like that to undo the new universe....

So I am LOVING season 4 right now. I just finished the romulan maurader arc. Fantastic stuff. As i mentioned earlier, it feel a slot more like Stargate sg1, sturcture-wise.

And the andorians are badass

I told yah so :p :lol which is why I asked last week hehe

Well, I finished season 4. It was pretty darn good. I didn't even mind the finale. It was like a love letter to star trek. My only real problem was with trip. They should have spent a lot more time in his death. And not only that, but his death was quite uncharacteristic of him. He's not that wreckless

Well, I finished season 4. It was pretty darn good. I didn't even mind the finale. It was like a love letter to star trek. My only real problem was with trip. They should have spent a lot more time in his death. And not only that, but his death was quite uncharacteristic of him. He's not that wreckless

Indeed. Did it come as a surprise or had you been spoiled in advance?

Indeed. Did it come as a surprise or had you been spoiled in advance?
Yeah...by Troi, 20 minutes before it happened!

I just wish that we got a beat in there somehow. Maybe t'pol loses it for a moment. Their relationship was incredibly well developed. It was four years in the making and we never actually got to see them together. It was a brilliant move. Talk about shipping potential!

Yeah...by Troi, 20 minutes before it happened!

I just wish that we got a beat in there somehow. Maybe t'pol loses it for a moment. Their relationship was incredibly well developed. It was four years in the making and we never actually got to see them together. It was a brilliant move. Talk about shipping potential!

"Thanks Deanna" :p
There are definitely some things that could be improved upon ;)

One loose end I always felt bad about was that ship archer pillaged in the expanse. I wish there was some little nod toward the idea that he tried to do right by them.

There are definitely some things that could be improved upon ;)

At the top of that list I give you Drexler's refit:

latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en.jpg

Maybe Daniels could save Romulus from being destroyed so we could get rid of the Kelvin time line?

The Kelvin timeline is ultimately self destroying. There's no way to prevent the Romulans from finding out that their world is going to be destroyed and that some of them go back in time out of vengeance and destroy Vulcan. It's a big deal, word will leak. Pretty much EVERYONE is going to notice that Vulcan stopped being there.

And the Romulans aren't going to just sit there and die out of fear of what might happen if they undo the changes to the timeline. Nor are they even going to be willing to pretend it happened just so they can send someone back to destroy Vulcan. Especially since they know that if no one does go back, the universe doesn't just cease to exist or there wouldn't have been anyone to go back in the first place.

So ultimately it's a closed loop. The fact that it happened is enough to prevent it from happening.

Dang, I wish I could read this thread!! lol

But I can't. Not yet. I started Enterprise a couple months ago, and am a handful of eps into season 4. I just watched the ep called "The Forge", which was very good. It's cool seeing T'Pol on her home world.

I'll be done the series in a few weeks, and will look forward to reading this thread then.

The Wook

I'm not a fan of that one. I actually like the nx-01. The only thing I would change is the saucer shape. I wouldn't make it quite as sleek. But who knows? The two eras are pretty far apart

My general quibbles with Enterprise-the-show are pretty well logged, but I'll re-emphasize this here, because this point bears repeating until everyone gets it, all the way up to the producers: Enterprise can not be a prequel of The Original Series. It just. Doesn't. Work. Weak finale notwithstanding, everything else in the entire series works very, very nicely as a prologue to the JJ-Trek universe, and not at all to the classic series, films, Next Generation, etc., that we were all familiar with before. The two eras are pretty far apart -- they're different timelines entirely.

That's one of the reasons I like the Drexler refit. Enterprise's Enterprise is already a long way to being the Prime timeline's NCC-1701. The saucers are almost the same size and volume, the weapons and defense systems are about the same, the transporters and propulsion tech is about the same, then galactic politics are about the same... Everything's just a century (ish) early. So, since it's an alternate timeline, I don't mind going that little bit further and giving it a secondary hull, bigger engines, and a paint job.

--Jonah

I think it would have helped to show progression towards the Original Series era if they had been able to introduce the NX-01 Refit into Enterprise somehow, including a paint job for the ship that was closer to an Original Series livery with less surface detail and maybe even modified warp engines that were less "busy".

Neh... Still way too advanced for the era. We'd be looking at a century of technological stagnation between Enterprise and TOS. By the end of Enterprise that ship had gone through pretty much the technological evolution of the original NCC-1701 after launch -- transporters going from experimental to everyday, engines stabilizing at warp 6 cruise (but usually dinking around much slower), laser cannons and fusion rockets being supplanted by phasers and photon torpedoes... It really does work best as the early voyages of NCC-1701 under Captain April. *shrug*

--Jonah

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back