New DeAgostini Star Wars collection!

clancampbell

Sr Member
I just got an email from DeAgostini with a survey asking basically which Star Wars ship should they do next as a partworks.

It seems they are pointing towards either T-65 X-Wing or a T-70 X-wing......i said i'd rather have a Star Destroyer or a Slave 1....

anyhoo, here's the gist of the email.....

Dear Customer,
The knowledge of your opinions is very important for us to make our proposals closer to your needs.
We kindly invite you to express your opinion filling this questionnaire on a new build-up product on topic STAR WARS that De Agostini could launch.
It will be possible to answer the survey within the next 5 days.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
De Agostini

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received anything, so it must be either select customers or they are starting out in the UK.

I would agree with you that a SD would be the way to go, since there are few choices around other than the RC SD. (Not that the Randy Cooper one isn't a fine model, I just would rather have something other than resin for the size). Could you imagine them making a SS model of the SD?

TazMan2000

There was one sent to a bunch of us last year.

Slave 1 was a biggie as was the Star Destroyer. Y wing was huge. Most did not ask for the X wing as it's been done a lot. B wing was big.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't received anything, so it must be either select customers or they are starting out in the UK.

I would agree with you that a SD would be the way to go, since there are few choices around other than the RC SD. (Not that the Randy Cooper one isn't a fine model, I just would rather have something other than resin for the size). Could you imagine them making a SS model of the SD?

TazMan2000

I finally secured a Randy Cooper S.D. a few months back. It is awesome but it's gonna be quite the build. I would love Deago to do a 4' Studio Scale Star Destroyer more than any other ship after the Falcon.

Tom

Thanks for the update.

I certainly hope that Deag will decide on something that hasn't been adequately kitted in the past. Considering I'm pleased so far with the MF, I will probably get other stuff from them. If they release anything more, Star Wars related it will be good. Since they are asking their customers for advice, this shows promise.

There was one sent to a bunch of us last year.

Slave 1 was a biggie as was the Star Destroyer. Y wing was huge. Most did not ask for the X wing as it's been done a lot. B wing was big.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally secured a Randy Cooper S.D. a few months back. It is awesome but it's gonna be quite the build. I would love Deago to do a 4' Studio Scale Star Destroyer more than any other ship after the Falcon.

Tom

If it's studio scale, I'd have to vote for the T-65 first. I know it's been done to death, but always as a resin cast kit. I'd love to have a nice ABS or Styrene version to play with. Just hope they don't do it as a two year subscription build (Maybe 12 months). Lord knows it's not nearly as complex as the falcon.

After that I'd have to say TIE, then Y-Wing, and then Slave 1.

If it's studio scale, I'd have to vote for the T-65 first. I know it's been done to death, but always as a resin cast kit. I'd love to have a nice ABS or Styrene version to play with. Just hope they don't do it as a two year subscription build (Maybe 12 months). Lord knows it's not nearly as complex as the falcon.

After that I'd have to say TIE, then Y-Wing, and then Slave 1.
They have offered other kits without subscription , so maybe these will be whole kits ?

I would like to see the skyhopper luke was playing with. Not to complex and I have never seen someone kit it before.

You'd want something cool,....I'd say Slave 1 or Star Destroyer,...

....my ultimate would have to be a half scale Millennium Falcon based on the 5 footer,..with the possibility of making it as seen in The Force Awakens.....THAT would be a beauty,....but it wouldn't happen,...too confusing after the 32" release

J

My hope is a Y-wing. I don't think there is enough love out there for the T-70 X-wing and, at least among (what would seem to me) their most likely customer, the T-65 X has been available in studio scale. And even though a Deago X might have built in lighting and moving wings and interior details, I'm sure the price would kind of make it a toss up and not a clear enough winner to sell enough to be profitable or any kind of smashing success. (And, it might suddenly give Disney enough umph to really crack down on that part of the studio scale resin market--so you couldn't get a resin X even if you wanted one.) My choice of a Y is a bit ironic since I have a Red Jammer burning a whole in my stash, but if Deago did a Y, I would probably try to sell the Jammer kit again and get the Deago one. And there clearly is not enough of a Jammer availability to affect the Deago sales. Of course, if Bandai comes through with a 48th scale, that would suffice for me, too.

To me, part of the problem is that some people can be incredibly vocal about a few specific kits, which can skew the discussion. Model companies don't want to know that a few modelers will give up their first born for a specific kit, but those people always make themselves heard. Two LHSs had Fine Molds Slave-1s sitting on the shelves for years. They said people demanded they get them, they got a few, sold one or just a couple, and the others sat there. (Uh, oh. I've woken up the Slave-1 fans. I'll run for cover.)

They would be INSANE not to do the Star Destroyer as it's overwhelmingly what most want where all the others have various fans, most everyone wants the big boy.

Deagostini,..are you listening????

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously, how interesting could a subacription with am SD be? Hull plates Week after week after week. For months!

I am sure its going to be a smaller ship like the X-Wing or a TIE.

The X-Wing offers opportunities for gadgets like motorized coclpit etc. like their f14a tomcat atm.

From completing the survey I'd say it's definitely the T65
Much as I'd love a Stardestroyer I have to agree with DaddyfromNaboo

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back