New DeAgostini Star Wars collection!

Please lets drop the entire "lets change the name" thing. its been my experience that no matter what name is choosen the debate of what belongs and does not just starts anew with the same arguements being rehashed for the 1000th time.

And while I have myself been caught trying to educate the newb what Studio originally meant when the term was coined... I've found it to be usually a waste of effort. Myself and a few others on this thread were here when it started... and at that time it meant a model with as many original parts (implies correct scale if using the correct parts) and with as much original construction techniques as practical... THAT definition still applies. Under that definition the DeAg Falcon is NOT a studio scale replica as its uses none of the original parts or construction techniques... even if it looks the part quite well. With the influx of newcomers - some of which are now well established and respected members of the hobby the definition changed to be the same size and "look" of the original. So under "today's definition of Studio Scale the DeAg Falcon IS studio scale. That is why some of us old-timers who still "work" under the old definition and have annoyance with the new.

At this point I think I'm campaigning for being RPF historian ;) so I'll stop. I'll leave it at this - I'm not pointing out the differences to try and divide us into old-new etc. Rather just trying to act as a generational gap "translator" if you will , so that the casual reader can understand the viewpoints of the other.

Now - back on the original topic of this thread - DeAgostini - Bring on more SW topics. I welcome them all! My personal favs (some not likely to be super mass market though)

Jabba's Sail barge
AT-ST (ROTJ then ESB)
Lukes Landspeeder
SD Devastator and Avenger
SSD
5 foot falcon/TFA Falcon
B-Wing
A-Wing
DV Tie
Tie interceptor
Y-Wing
Acclamator
Republic cruiser
Tantive
Radiant
TFA- T70
Kylo Rens Shuttle
Special forces TIE
Regular TIE (old and TFA)

that's my short list :)

Peace,
Jedi Dade

Last edited:
Build your own R2-D2?

I absolutely do not see how that could be done 1:1 scale. It will probably be some funky 1/4 scale RC toy.

-Gary

I was thinking the exact same thing... how the heck to you ship a R2 dome in little pieces with out it looking like a pile of crud when assembled. Same for the main body although that would be easier with all the panels... still would be a seaming nightmare.

But if they are able to pull it of at 1:1 I'd be in for it.

Jedi Dade

12742372_10153409645803450_5874515735562775302_n.jpg12715215_10153409645928450_3345920885313875174_n.jpg

sure julien ,scale 1:2 is cool but how many issues for this d2r2 ? if it's 52,like newstand says it can be cool, but if you looking the back of the packaging, deago said in 100 issues for a total cost of 1149 euros...for this price we can build a 1:1 d2r2 from astromech.net...so that's the question : How true many issues ???

et un petit coucou a julien de la part d'un auvergnat de clermont ferrand ;)

Brilliant,...I wonder if they'll do what they did when the Falcon came out?......release half a dozen issues,....then pause for a few months to work out the demand for it,.....should be pretty cool,.....electronics would put me off though

J

By Newstand : Build Your Own R2-D2 is currently on UK test market release in the HTV region. Test market releases normally ship for between 4-6 issues in total to a TV broadcast area then stop before full national release. If the test is a success we can expect the final product to being shipping in 3-6 months from now to the whole of the UK.

Well thank god this one is half studio scale so at least the forum won't be flooded with 900 different wee Artoos!

It's pretty cool, and I might have to pull the trigger too. Oof. 3d printed BB8 is in the house already now, lol. I am weak.

this is a 1/2 scale R2 D2.It will be 100 weekly issues in Uk.If it makes it to USA it will likely be a 12 to 24 month subscription.It has quite a few features.THe run in UK is a market test.If it does well it will likely be brought out in UK first and then other countries.

Since this is a test the final product may be different.

When I more more I will post here.I am forum support for Deagostini USAs forum (model space)

Carl

Wish the company would do a run of a little more obscure studio scale models that don't already have a kit out of it like the b-wing or A-wing. Course the A-wing would be huge so I can understand if the don't put that one out but there are other's I could see.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

this is a 1/2 scale R2 D2.It will be 100 weekly issues in Uk.If it makes it to USA it will likely be a 12 to 24 month subscription.It has quite a few features.THe run in UK is a market test.If it does well it will likely be brought out in UK first and then other countries.

Since this is a test the final product may be different.

When I more more I will post here.I am forum support for Deagostini USAs forum (model space)

Carl
Why does deagostini not do 50 issue models, this R2 shouldn't take 2 years ? I think a lot more people would buy into a year project than 2 year .

Wish the company would do a run of a little more obscure studio scale models that don't already have a kit out of it like the b-wing or A-wing. Course the A-wing would be huge so I can understand if the don't put that one out but there are other's I could see.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The problem is it is really expensive to design these kits so they will likely produce models of subjects well known so more people will be interested in them.

carl

- - - Updated - - -

Why does deagostini not do 50 issue models, this R2 shouldn't take 2 years ? I think a lot more people would buy into a year project than 2 year .

We dont know how many issues it will be if it comes to USA.It may be a shorter subscription like the Falcon is now.
Carl

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back