Yoda Saber - real praco build - DONE!

Re: Yoda Saber WIP - real praco build

DONE! Completed the build up today. I am still going to weather it up just a bit, planning to add some MIG pigments for some dust FX and that should just about do it. This has been a really fun and reletively easy build but one that has taken me over two years. I attached the activator switch and actually had to add a bit of filler because there were some gaps, then i painted the clamp and switch with tamiya semi-gloss out of the rattle can. the grips were attached using double stick tape just as on the original.

IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4757.JPG IMG_4758.JPG IMG_4756.JPG

My yoda saber has just been hanging out on my desk and i decided to do a quick base for it similar in idea to my other sabers in a vertical presentation. I used a 5/4" thick piece of walnut and added a MR style plaque by my man @Pastorjedi who has done the plaques for all my star wars props, they are perfect. i used a piece of 3/16" wood dowel and threaded it up into the praco saber body by about 3/4", it was a very tight fit and twisting it in actually threaded the dowel so it is a very sturdy connection. I then drilled into the walnut by 1" for the dowle to sit in and added a thin piece of rubber as a spacer so that there is a small reveal at the bottom of the saber which floats off the wood by about a 1/16". The nice thing is because the dowel is not glued in, i can turn the saber and remove it if anyone wants to handle it. Thats it, yoda project officially done.

IMG_3046.jpgIMG_3047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had over 20 sabers in my collection at point and never had a Yoda (Believe it or not) but if and "when" I do I will try to go this route good info on here

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back