Last Action Hero - Ticket <FINISHED>

Quick question, which is more related to the movie than anything. If the old man says he got the ticket from Harry Houdini, why is the ticket dated May 6, 1992?

That's the date I've seen, but I would have changed it if I would have thought about it. 1922 would seem more likely.

That's the date I've seen, but I would have changed it if I would have thought about it. 1922 would seem more likely.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to imply your design is off. This is also the same date that I've always seen, which makes me believe that it's movie accurate. My question is if anyone knows WHY it's dated 1992? Makes it seem like the old man was just full of $#@%, lol

I did some searches and member MisterX said:

I talked to Michael Marcus about that (yes, I found him online right after I bought the ticket to verify it's authenticity. The Prop Store of London had already verified it, but I wanted confirmation for insurance reason. You can also see the attached article on Michael Marcus that he sent me).

He told me it was indeed a typo when it was created (in 1992 even though the movie didn't hit theaters until 1993). All three original tickets had the typo. Since no one was going to be able to SEE the ticket that closely on film - no one thought it would matter.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=60182&p=1101238&viewfull=1#post1101238

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back