Last Action Hero - Ticket <FINISHED>

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is an alternate paper I'm looking into. The one I used on the Wonka Tickets was definitely metallic.

This one reminds more of a gold colored plastic. It has the color, but just seems to lack that shine that metal has.

Any other people agree / disagree ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Last Action Hero ----------------- Ticket (new paper)

not as metallic but still looks awesome either way!

Re: Last Action Hero - Ticket (new paper)

The paper is much to thin . The original ticket is much thicker it does not bent under its own weight .
When its torn it looks like they went over a very heavy stock and put that gold foil over it .

The paper is much to thin . The original ticket is much thicker it does not bent under its own weight .
When its torn it looks like they went over a very heavy stock and put that gold foil over it .

This "paper" is definitely out. I just tried to tear it and it doesn't even rip. It really is some kind of vinyl, it appears.

That leaves my original metallic foil as the most logical choice. Way more expensive, but the closest match.

80's guy listed the dimensions at 6 x 3 in his original post. If this is wrong, I would love some updated specs.

I also plan to watch the movie again tomorrow.

I have an original ticket I will measure it for you ;)

THAT would be awesome !

I had contacted 80'sguy and got permission to use his existing design, but it turns out he is working on an Improved version.
He showed me an example of the improvements and it is definitely worth waiting for. Much higher quality.
justice league How on earth did you get an original ticket ? Is it really a screen used prop ?

Last edited by a moderator:

IMG_0746.JPG

The card indeed appears very thick. But you can also see it is slightly curved.

One of my favorite props, definitely going to be keeping an eye on this thread. I have one I did years ago that's still in my display, I had to do some massive photo-shopping pulling an image of the ticket out of the Last Action Hero Movie Guide.

One of my favorite props, definitely going to be keeping an eye on this thread. I have one I did years ago that's still in my display, I had to do some massive photo-shopping pulling an image of the ticket out of the Last Action Hero Movie Guide.

I liked 80'sguy's original image. But the new one looks really amazing. I just have to wait till he finishes. :( :lol

Needs some work...

lastactionhero_ticketPRE.png

What's yours look like? If I can get the deminsions, I could adjust it accordingly. I know there's a few versions of the ticket, the other without the Eye in the middle. I might try to do that one too if there;s not much in it as well.

THAT would be awesome !

I had contacted 80'sguy and got permission to use his existing design, but it turns out he is working on an Improved version.
He showed me an example of the improvements and it is definitely worth waiting for. Much higher quality.
@justice league How on earth did you get an original ticket ? Is it really a screen used prop ?

Had it for a few years . Someone who worked at the studio got it and I bought it from them .
I also had it authenticated a couple years ago by one of the Major Auction houses . I will post a picture of it . ;)

- - - Updated - - -

There is a book like the making of the film ? Would like to pick it up if there is one put there .

Yes there was a movie guide made, here's a picture of the cover of mine. I think I got it for a couple bucks off Amazon years ago. Here's a picture of the ticket inside the book alongside the version I made back then. It measures 6''x3''. I remember seeing another ticket for sale that had the alternate front side on it on Google. Sorry about the weird picture angles they flipped when they were attached on here.

Attachments

• IMG_2234.JPG
    IMG_2234.JPG
    826.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 801

Yes there was a movie guide made, here's a picture of the cover of mine. I think I got it for a couple bucks off Amazon years ago. Here's a picture of the ticket inside the book alongside the version I made back then. It measures 6''x3''. I remember seeing another ticket for sale that had the alternate front side on it on Google. Sorry about the weird picture angles they flipped when they were attached on here.

Thats actually a cool ticket that came with the Book nice. :thumbsup

Had it for a few years . Someone who worked at the studio got it and I bought it from them .
I also had it authenticated a couple years ago by one of the Major Auction houses . I will post a picture of it . ;)

Please include a picture from the edge so I can see how thick it is. It seems thicker than my Wonka ticket, but I can make my foil ticket thicker. :D

There was a replica ticket in the book, or it was it a scan of it in the book? Never knew they had a book for this film.

Sorry about the confusion, the ticket didn't come with the book. I had done a run years ago on here and made my own using the graphics pulled off the printed ticket on the page. I used the exact same dimensions as the one on the page because it seemed right to me size-wise. The card stock I used is sold at Office Depot, it's a semi-reflective Gold and then to make it a little more magical I hit it with a mist of Gold chrome spray paint. It worked out well because I thought the dark print on the card stock would be more faded with time like when it appears on screen.

Sorry about the confusion, the ticket didn't come with the book. I had done a run years ago on here and made my own using the graphics pulled off the printed ticket on the page. I used the exact same dimensions as the one on the page because it seemed right to me size-wise. The card stock I used is sold at Office Depot, it's a semi-reflective Gold and then to make it a little more magical I hit it with a mist of Gold chrome spray paint. It worked out well because I thought the dark print on the card stock would be more faded with time like when it appears on screen.

Kudos it came out great .

Please include a picture from the edge so I can see how thick it is. It seems thicker than my Wonka ticket, but I can make my foil ticket thicker. :D

Do I get one of these replicas for helping? :) I have a replica Wonka myself its thicker .

I looked very close to the rip and it was exactly how I had thought there is a heavy stock thats in the middle of the ticket .
So the ticket is two separate pieces applied to both sides of this very thick stock of paper or cardboard filler .

- - - Updated - - -

Ok measured and took pictures.
What did you guys have for measurements ? Want to see who was closer :D

Do I get one of these replicas for helping? :) I have a replica Wonka myself its thicker .

I looked very close to the rip and it was exactly how I had thought there is a heavy stock thats in the middle of the ticket .
So the ticket is two separate pieces applied to both sides of this very thick stock of paper or cardboard filler .

- - - Updated - - -

Ok measured and took pictures.
What did you guys have for measurements ? Want to see who was closer :D

Yep. You get a ticket, assuming this goes to a Run.

Everyone is saying 6 inches by 3 inches for the measurement.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back