since it's King's Day, or old King Sol

Broilermaker

Sr Member
bought this King Sol back in the day, it had chrome on it but was rusty, so I hit it with 0000 steel wool and the brass showed up mighty quick, so I decided to antique it. it is basically a stock king sol, the end cap, shroud and center band was painted with rustoleum hammered finish. i made the d-ring holder out of brass to match the body. the shroud was made with a piece off of the king sol with aluminum tubing added and a piece of heat sink to finish it off. the grips were made from automobile molding, notched and drilled for pan screws (a departure from the normal button head screws. i added green wire since Vader's saber had wire. please feel free to add comments

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    775.5 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    781.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    800.3 KB · Views: 178
I absolutely love he color scheme of this. Especially the green wires against the brass body; there's something extremely aesthetically pleasing to the eye for me here.

Looking good. :thumbsup It has an antique quality to it. Almost like a Lightsaber from the Old West. At least that's what my eyes are seeing. :p

I've actually had an idea for a de-chromed King Sol for a while, now. The grips are already chosen and set aside for it. Maybe it'll happen this year.

That's an amazing looking saber! I was actually just thinking of doing something kinda similar, though I'm looking at vintage copper or brass flashlights to use for my idea. I really like how you made the emitter. I have a similar clamp on a Heiland i just got that I've been trying to figure out what to do with, so I might do the same sort of thing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back