Spacetrooper Backpack- Found !! New pics added

That helmet sculpt is really bad.

I have had high hopes for hot toys OT troops, Vader, Fett...

I expect more from HT.

Why not scan an original instead of a sculpters interpretation????

DUH.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^. The nose/face plate angle juts out too much.

So I'm finally starting my take on the Spacerooper pack use, and I had some questions to ask of those of you who have been delving into this for the last several years...

KrokoHunter observed over in the Death Star surface towers thread that one of the Fruehauf tanks cut in half is the right size for the finished pieces we see. I've a question over there asking if anyone knows enough about the surface detail to be able to tell whether the actual setpiece/prop has the smooth endcap of one end of the tank, or the raised-detail endcap of the other, or both. I'll get two tankers if needs be, but if I don't have to... *chuckle*

If I read his posts right, jedimaster is saying part of the Airfix 1:144 Saturn V is used to bridge the two main tanks. I think I'm going to go with something a bit flatter for that. I know the Marmit figure is largely guesswork in that respect, but it looks more appropriate to the item, to me. Wondered what others' thoughts were.

jedimaster also said that the bottom part of the pack is primarily made from two of the long paper-paint-bucket parts of the studio scale escape pod, large end to large end. I am, however, slightly leery of this, due to the size of those parts. The narrow end is about ~12.5cm across, and the wide part ~16.5cm. That seems biggish compared to the Fruehauf tanks. Thoughts? Other possibilities?

Thanks in advance,
--Jonah

Has anyone finished up any other packs? Would love to see other builds of this thing, This thread is a fun read and led me to the paystar cement mixers that I used as reference when doing the drawing on my Celebration print. I love the use of the vintage parts... That's totally in keeping with the model shop mentality.
Chris

I have the correct bottles for sale already cut in half with the wheel base mounted on the top if anyone is interested.

I won't be making anymore so these are spares

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back