Reelo's DeAgo Falcon (soon to be buildlog, now only questions)

Reelo

Sr Member
So, trying to do as much research as I can before delving into the build (which is hard anyway, with only one issue in my hands so far) and the following question arose in my mind:

Is there a definite layout showing all the exterior lights (mandibles/headlights, landing/floodlight, red lights) with their exact location and form/size?
I seem to find so much conflicting info. Sometimes the mandible headlights are round, sometimes square, sometimes there are also small red lights next to the headlights... [emoji33]

I plan on displaying my model on its landing legs, and I'd really like to get that ventral lighting right. Meaning, floodlights of different sizes (but without the LEDs sticking out, maybe even using thick fiber-optics?) as well as red lights in appropriate locations (some maybe even flashing?) But I'd first need to have a solid understanding of how many lights there should be and where exactly.

Does anyone have a good and verified layout of what lights the Falcon had all around?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haynes do a tech manual for it so I would expect it to have the lights market. The blueprint that comes with the kit might have them marked as well. Sorry I can't actually check these at the moment as I'm in work.

Haynes do a tech manual for it so I would expect it to have the lights market. The blueprint that comes with the kit might have them marked as well. Sorry I can't actually check these at the moment as I'm in work.
What I've been able to dig up so far:

uploadfromtaptalk1453121138328.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453121147394.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453121161371.jpg

I'll definitely want the red lights smaller and less bright than in the last pic. And probably pulsing. They're supposed to be warning lights. And I really don't want the LEDs to stick out. They will be recessed. And I also have to decide if I go with warm or cold white (or a mix of cold white for the headlights and warm for the floodlights)

There are lights due to come with the kit, but no specifics on the external ones as yet.
I know they have some exterior lights planned, but iirc (from an admin posting on the official forum) it's not all of what should be there.

From http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/extraadd-on-lighting-kit/

N.B. this in addition to the interior lights, the engine and the headlights.

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/extraadd-on-lighting-kit/ said:
Dear Participants to this thread,

The lighting being provided will consist of hull lights to light up the ramp, and 4 lights set into the underside of the hull plating to illuminate the area beneath the hull. This is all run from a master circuit board which also controls the internal lights and the ramp motor. There is currently no additional lighting being considered.

Regards,

DeAgostini Admin

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back