My "The Walking Dead" Rick Grimes Season 5 / Season 6 ish Costume Pics

For the second consecutive (and final) year, I went to Wizard World Comic Con as Rick Grimes from TWD. Last year, I did a Season 3 rendition of the character (which can be found linked -- and I'm sure continuously ignored haha -- below).

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232136&highlight=rick+grimes

For this year, I more or less used the same costume bits but purchased a replica of his Season 4 jacket, washed/redyed the shirt, added the red handled machete and the all too important AK.

I once again weathered everything and added the sterile strips to my face. I painted my prop weapons "realistically" (they were of course checked and tagged at the door) and added cardboard and metallic tape to make the real machete "con safe".

Costume may not be 100% TV accurate but I am pretty pleased with how it can out given the time and budget allowed.

Below are a few pics. Hope (someone) enjoys haha.

-- Mike

0.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

12.JPG

11.JPG

14.JPG

The intended look (inspiration):

16.jpeg

The wife and I posing with Steven Yuen and Norman Reedus:

photo 2.JPG

Nice job! I used the same Rick pic as inspiration as well. On the duty belt between the holster and cuff case, what is that? I've been trying to locate the same thing, but don't know if it's an ammo pouch or flashlight case or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job! I used the same Rick pic as inspiration as well. On the duty belt between the holster and cuff case, what is that? I've been trying to locate the same thing, but don't know if it's an ammo pouch or flashlight case or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. There was some debate here in the 'replica props' portion of the site whether or not it is a Leatherman folding tool/knife pouch or a 9mm pouch but in all the searching that I did the closet thing in size that I could find was this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311487365298?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It was only available in brown though so I had to dye it black with black shoe polish which took no time at all. It's definitely not 100% accurate but for the price and time allowed it was the closet thing I could find.

Hope this helps,
Mike

if someone can find me a good pic of the holster. I own a police supply shop so we can do ricks whole uniform. we have some pretty cost effective leather gear and replica AK's and a colt python

that looks like a tex shoemaker swivel ...thay made em for motor officers. i think Tex shoemaker closed
Ted Blocker holsters makes the closest thing to it

Looks great! I love the little details, like the blood on the watch.
Also, as for it not being 100% screen accurate...There are the people who get intense about stuff like that, but cosplay is also meant to be enjoyable. However you enjoy it, go for it, man.;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back