Star Wars Finemolds Millennium Falcon

Flyscriber

Sr Member
HI there, this is the second attempt at posting some images of my finemolds falcon with its changes, I hope I haven't duplicated everything as this site seems to not like me very much.
Anyhow here goes again. I made some dramatic changes to the model, mainly cutting the mandibles off and resetting them with a slight taper, as I thought the kit lacked this. It also made the edges of the topskin hang over the mandibles like the real prop. It also has a dish from he MPC kit which has been shaved down to the right size. The paint job is based on the 32 inch version with the dish being based on the 5 foot version, just because it has more detail and 2 red squares on it. The lighting is done on the cheap using florists led lights with the front lights set behind some brass tubing (which can be seen on the 32 inch prop) this gives a great directional feel to the lights. The base is a flexible desk light which holds the battery pack and uses the original light switch, great for posing it in different angles. It is painted in automotive paints for long lasting finish with no washes. I omitted the spatter finish as I think it looks odd at this scale. The rear engine lighting has a Perspex cover which looks flat white just like the prop, but it has the grill fitted behind it to show the engine detail when it is lit. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• 20160115_172935.jpg
    20160115_172935.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 239
  • 20160115_172908.jpg
    20160115_172908.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 225
  • 20160115_172717.jpg
    20160115_172717.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 194
  • 20160115_172705.jpg
    20160115_172705.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 205
  • 20160115_172752.jpg
    20160115_172752.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
Excellent, I like that you used moderation in adding the "exhaust" soot sparingly, leaving the model detail as the highlight and exhaust trails as the "after effect". Great effort and accomplishment. So many have added so much exhaust making the back so dark it hides all the incredible detail.

Thanks for the likes guys, it took a while checking references to the 32 inch prop to get the detail as correct as I could. I didn't use any brushes on this model, just airbrushing to try to replicate the original. Judging by You guys response it worked out ok. Next mission will be a repaint on a MR falcon I managed to find a few years back. I guess this finemolds was my walkthrough tester. When I get round to doing it ill post some images of the carnage !!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back