grapplebats begins grappling gun kits on ebay?

Notorious recaster - :thumbsdown

That S.O.B. MoFo!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd love to know who he got if from, since he's been on my banned bidder list for along time.

He's apparently too much of a dumbass to be able to cast the upper barrel in two pieces though. No talent hack!!!!

I've asked him to remove it immeadiately, but if anybody has any other good ideas, let me know.

Last edited:
A definite recaster.
I saw this guy at the Farpoint Con in Hunt Valley Maryland.
I didn't confront him because I was there for a fun day and I knew there would be no fun if I pissed myself off.
But I was tempted to ask him how he justifies buying someone elses work, copying it, and then selling it.

To note; his stolen Jayne pistol was originally from an RPF'er's prototype that had the sight rail on backwards.
He recasted it backwards, couldn't sell them and had to change them.

His River pistol is cast from an eBayer's version that has since been updated. The updated version has extremely incorrect grips, but is still better than the version this guy sells.

His Mal pistol is taken from an early fan casting that is extremely inaccurate.

"Coolmodels" has had Nathan Fillion sign one of his Mal pistols and
Summer Glau sign one of his River pistols.
As of last I heard, they had not sold.
To my eyes, they are just so grossly inaccurate, even the sigs don't make people want to put them in their collections.

I bought one of his Blue Hand Guys Death Device kits before I knew his rep.
It is the biggest piece of garbage; totally un-useable.

His Jayne Serenity auto-pistol is truly bad.
Not just inaccurate, but it doesn't even really look like the movie pistol.

I have seen his castings and they are decent if he stole them from someone else, but his Jayne Serenity auto-pistol and the Death Device are just incredibly crude on their surfaces, like a 1930's era Russian iron casting.

So basically, all his Firefly/Serenity stuff is trash.
Avoid as a consumer, even if the whole recaster thing doesn't bother you.

Mike

what an ass. and Simon, isn't that your fireflygun he is selling copies of?

No, that's one of Scott's (tyragbphoto).

I don't think I would have Mike's tact if I bumped into this guy at a con. I hope God blesses him with a grievance with Frank Virga :lol

What amazes me the most is he has over 680 feedback with a 99.7% positive. Hard to believe that people are that easily satisfied with the garbage this miscreant puts out. As well... it's also hard to believe that some of the actual license holders for this stuff haven't Vero'd him out of his account.

Also disappointing is seeing that some of the stuff he's recasting is likely from runs produced and sold here or at other prop boards.

Also disappointing is seeing that some of the stuff he's recasting is likely from runs produced and sold here or at other prop boards.

LIKELY?! He11 Yeah!

I know he used to have an online store, but I couldn't find it.

Arsenal Models (Vintage models and toys)
Edward A. Felinski and Jeannine M. Lewis /Hummelstown, PA

Edward Felinski Title Postdoctoral Scholar
CollegeCollege of Medicine
CampusesPenn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
DepartmentC&M Physiology
Graduate ProgramsEmail eaf129@psu.edu
This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

I don't know if this is the same Edward A. Felinski, but it seems odd that two guys would have the same first name, middle initial, and last name and live in the same area.
Hummelstown is pretty close to Hershey, PA.

If some one wants to write and ask if he does Arsenal Models in his spare time, and the answer is "yes", you'll have your man.
But I'd ask nice and say you googled his name off a convention's dealer list so as not to alert him before you verify that you have the right guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick Ross and I have talked about his recasting of his PKD-1, He calls it a PDK for "Pretty Damn Krappy", I am guessing. I have never seen his stuff up close but I have heard he does the convention show circuits. He seems to be the true Epitome of "recaster" and of course remorseless.

What an *******.

Quote:

Hi, We bought a really rough garage kit of this prop from a comic dealer at a sci-fi show in New Jersey. We work for months to fix the "kit" he sold us, filling bubbles, fixing warps etc. THis kit is the result. He only had a few left and didn't care if we cast it for a new kit. The seller claimed it was pulled from screen-used molds. That is all I know of its origins.

Thanks!

Here's how the Jack#$% responded to me:

"Hi there, Thanks for your email. We bought this piece from a guy at sci-fi show here on the East Coast who told us it was a pull from a screen used prop mold. That was several months ago. It was a little crude, but he had no problem with us making kits of the piece as he had only a few of them left. So I really don’t know if this is related to your item or not. I do know I did not buy it from you. Also, if it was a cast of your item, it was this guy who did it originally and sold it to us. It was a very poor cast and it took months to fix the bubbles, warps etc in the kit. Anyway, I had no way of knowing this guy was lying or not or if this is made from your item, I have never seen another one of these kits for sale. But, it is a fan produced item and there is really no way to know where it came from. Also, I must say that after all of the fixing and re-sculpting I had to do, it is surely altered the requisite 15 percent now from its original state. If you are in fact licensed by Warner Entertainment to produce an item similar to this, please send me the documentation for review. Thanks."

Typical recaster BS - "Not sure where we got it, might have been from screenused, you don't have a license so screw you."

If this turd ever came within 200 miles of me for a convention, I would definately say "hello".

Yeah I met this guy at a con in november, I had to send him a couple of questions before getting a straight answer. He does do the convention ciruit and has all kinds of recast props. I thought about buying from him but only because I didn't want to leave the convention empty handed. In the end I didn't get anything tho.

So, if you want do beat this guy down just do a search for conventions in new england. I'd suggest just going up to his booth and taking what ever he recast from you. :lol

Here's how the Jack#$% responded to me:

" Also, I must say that after all of the fixing and re-sculpting I had to do, it is surely altered the requisite 15 percent now from its original state."

Where did this line of thinking about 15% alteration making it significantly different or new come from? :confused

I seem to hear a lot of recasters using that justification...

Bruce

Where did this line of thinking about 15% alteration making it significantly different or new come from? :confused

I seem to hear a lot of recasters using that justification...

Bruce

I believe there was some crappy lawsuit where it was ruled that in order to to not violate any copyrights or trademarks, a product has to have at least 15% difference in design. What the hell constitutes a 15% design change though, is beyond me.

But whatever it was, a lot of recasters latched right on to it and now use it as their mantra.

-Fred

He is a recaster, everyone should know his e-mail (so noone will make buisness with this guy... Selling or Buying).
Just my 2c:D

Perhaps someone should direct him to this thread. Maye he'd be interested to know the possibilities of a one on one encounter with someoner he's stolen from nexttime he's hawking his crap at a con.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back