Star Wars toys cost question

JediMichael

Master Member
So I'm trying to sell some of my star wars toys, some in boxes, some not and I have no idea how much it would be worth. I hope this is in the right section btw. This guy says he would like to buy it for his nephew, but not sure if thats even a good idea, or if they are worth what he would pay.
I can post a picture if anyone has an idea how to help me here. Thanks.

eBay is your best bet for the current amount people are paying. It is not an exact science since you don't have grading done on your items and they might vary to the condition of the items on eBay, but it gives you a ballpark number. Just make sure to check "completed listings" to see what they sold for and never trust what items are "asking". Some people think just because a guy is asking $2,000 for his loose figure, "then that means mine is worth that amount", but you need to realize his item has sat there for months with no interest. Completed sales give you the true price collector are paying in the current market.

Now I will say this and I don't mean to insult you, or for it to be taken wrong, I just have seen this before and I know how the thread ended up. Be prepared for some people to tell you to do your own research. Some companies charge a fee to do this type of pricing and most times expecting people on the RPF to put in hours of research and then tell you the prices, usually doesn't work out. I have seen people post the same questions you did and found people just told them how to go about the research and not much else.m

I say go on eBay and price each piece out then compare the total to what the guy might want to pay. You might find that piecing it out and selling individual items could yield the most return.

So good luck and I hope you make some big bucks ;)

Last edited:

I never could understand ebay and don't they charge you or something. Just using craigslist now.
I really hate to take the time to price everything out, but yeah, I would never expect anyone else to do it, was just hoping maybe a figured guess that might be close. I know its hard to really know for sure an exact price, but....I was thinking 150$. So heres a pic, does that sound way to high, about right, or too low just from looking at it all. Even that could help me a bit, as I don't even know where to start price wise.
BTW, you live in Orlando huh, where at? I'm in good old Bithlo....

You could possibly get more than $150 if you sell pieces off separately, especially with the renewed interest in the franchise right now. But if looking to move it in one lot, that isn't a bad price. These aren't the old 70's/80's OT items, so there won't be any high priced items in the lot from what I can tell... But I have not looked up what they each go for, so there might be something of value that I don't know about, lol.

I actually am over in Saint Cloud where we just built a house last year. I work over in Pinecastle by the Florida Mall.

Not bad a price, really. Carded and complete figures are of higher value than the loose and incomplete ones (the Endor Raid Han is a very nice figure and was kinda rare in Germany but it came with two explosive charges; I don't see them in the pic ;) ). The Biker Scout is one of the better figures if not the best (especially because it is an army builder, carded, comes with a special collector's coin and it is very good looking); I would sell that one separately (but not under 10 $ - or better keep it ;) ). I would start with a price which is 25 % - 50 % higher than what you think the lot will make. Then work from that, let the potential buyer make an offer and slowly lower the price whilst the buyer slowly increases his offer till both of you meet somewhere in the middle. :)

Ok cool. I was afraid 150 might have been too much, but I usually cut myself short on these type things. I actually have a few other things I do plan to sell separately. Maybe I can try to figure out ebay. I've heard it costs to sell, is that true and how does it work? New things make me pretty nervous especially when money is involved.
I had this guy text me about everything, but its for his nephew. While some of the stuff is open and missing some parts, I would hate to know the boxed items get ripped open and destroyed. I guess I feel like Sam jackson on the movie Unbreakable.

Sympathy is another aspect which might support or undermine your goal. If you find the buyer to be a good guy you might lower the price easier. That's not a bad thing, especially if you want to sell more stuff in the future (you may get back to him and make him a new offer). However, don't get too low. Just let it flow, relax, have a cup of coffee together and have him examine the items thoroughly. If he buys the lot and lets his nephew unpack the boxed things, don't worry about that - it no longer is your stuff and he may do whatever he wants with it. I would tell him that boxed figures might increase in value though. It is up to him to decide. :)

Ebay has a very good help system which can answer your questions. I don't know how things are in USA but ebay Germany demands 10 % of the achieved price including shipping costs. If you are a private seller you have a certain number of free offers (20). If you get past that number you will have to pay 0,50 Cents for each additional one. You may offer your items for a set price (optional: including a price suggestion) or go the classical way of an auction. The starting bid should not be 1 $ because that would bear the danger that the item in question leaves your home for - 1 $.;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back