Bawz props problems?

Personally the only problem I had when ordering my helmet was how slow they were to deliver it. The website said 10 days and it took well over a month to arrive.
Still happy though, the helmet is beautiful.

I had a similar problem contacting them through the email address on their website. Try to contact them through etsy, that's how I got a response from bawz props.

I'm having the exact problem, tried contacting on the emails on the website, the facebook page, his personal facebook and just this minute on etsy. been about 7 weeks now. will let ou know if i get a responce

Helmet turned up in the end... Really nice item.
Was about 2 or 3 weeks late, never responded to emails & never informed me it was dispatched, just turned up in the post.
Still they delivered and it is quality!

Guess artistry & efficiency don't really mix ;-)

mine arrived today too, looks amazing but the quality is a bit naff i think. I have a planet replicas helmet too, and although not based on the movie version, the quality is outstanding. but this bawzprops one, its not symmetrical, the visor is all wonky and not level, the base is all warped and not even all the way round, etc. Just nit picking, and im sure i wouldn't have noticed any of it if the planet replicas one wasn't so perfect. still though, love it

I had two helmets last year the first I sent back as the finish was very bad. Lots of pitting that had not been filled in and the air bubbles had just been left. He was kind and communicative and offered to send me another as a replacement. Then the communication stopped and nothing was heard and no replies to any of my requests for an update. Then my helmet turned up and its awesome. I could have done with better communication but love the helmet.

Had the helmet a few weeks now, and gotta say i aint that impressed with bawzprops. I chose the standard "cheaper" build for my helmet, and u can really see why its cheaper. the material they use is pretty soft and flexible, but its all started to curl in around the visor. its all warped and almost as if it hadn't been dried out or sumthin weird like how paper curls when it gets wet. very naff. cant speak for the more expensive variation but this is rubbish

Thanks for posting this. I am in the market for a Dredd helmet and trying to figure out what to buy. Up until now it seemed Bawz was the way to go, now I will to think about it some more. I wonder if his mold is getting worn out.

L~

I have one on order from an outside source... I sent him the real studios dimensions and I let him have artistic license for damage and wear for a reasonable price. I will post a picture for you and contact info if I'm pleased with it

Yep! I ordered from them late last year. Two and a half months later, no helmet. Sent an e-mail and waited a few days, no reply. Sent another, no reply. Requested a refund,no reply. Submitted a claim through paypal and eventually got a refund. Whoever runs bawz props has a major communication problem...i.e there isn't any. I'd love a Dredd helmet but i'm not giving this creep any of my hard earned cash.

DREDD1981 I got a snottysnowy one off ebay UK he's on these forums too and no one said anything bad about his lid when I posted pics of mine

Top notch. Everything is just exquisite. What you have to remember is that these items are made to order, and in my opinion WELL worth the wait. Email them. Bawz props are good people, busy sometimes with work and cons (but who isn't?). Also keep in mind for those of us in the U.S. it's Royal Mail and U.S. customs that tend to be the delay on delivery/arrival. When they say they put it in the mail, it's in the mail. Great people, great items. I've ordered on separate occasions a badge, a helmet, daystick caps, and all the boots attachments they have to offer. And I'd use them again and again as long as they are available :D

*I know this is deadish but felt this needed to be said.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back