Mattel ThunderCats Figures

Cool, I am guessing you mean the 14" Mezco figures. But Lion-O with extended sword in the air is indeed around 20"

Could have sworn they were bigger than that, but you are right. Been 6 months since I've seen them (military deployment). Appreciate the correction.

I just ordered the stupid subscription service...but I noticed a little too late that I forgot to change the year on the CC expatriation date before I hit submit. I changed it to 2018 just as the page refreshed, but I wonder if it took?

the order was confirmed, so I guess we'll see. always something..

It'd be nice if matty updated their website to 2016 standards so it would be easy to check on and change things.

sigh.
and here I thought I was done with this terrible company when heman ended ;o).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah apparently Matty does little bit of fear mongering indicating that if the subscription quota is not met, the line won't continue. And somehow during the final days, the quota gets fulfilled and the figures are green lighted.

yep, this is exactly how they operate. and it's mostly 'met' thanks to people on other boards buying 6 subscriptions at a time. How you can afford more than one I'll never know.
This whole matty website had the vibe of 'used car salesman' ever since it started, and that toy guru character didn't help things either. Ahh, the times where things where blamed on the consumer for going wrong, and when a fake matty faker mascot was brought out at cons as a scapegoat. good times.

sigh.

you'd think a company as big as mattel can afford to bring things in store AND online in this day and age without resorting to fear tactics or blaming the consumer.

From the subscription page.

Pumyra looks good.

PUMYRA_600x600.jpg

Panthro. Not sure what it is, but his face seems bit off. Also I know he is shorter than the other ThunderCats, but somehow he looks way more shorter, probably due to the limitations of the existing MOTUC buck/mold.

I am sure he will eventually grow on me. But I wish these figures had little more length to them on the legs, especially on the thighs and below the knee.

PANTHRO_600x600.jpg

From the subscription page.

Pumyra looks good.

http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DR...atty/images/product/larger/PUMYRA_600x600.jpg

Panthro. Not sure what it is, but his face seems bit off. Also I know he is shorter than the other ThunderCats, but somehow he looks way more shorter, probably due to the limitations of the existing MOTUC buck/mold.

I am sure he will eventually grow on me. But I wish these figures had little more length to them on the legs, especially on the thighs and below the knee.

http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DR...tty/images/product/larger/PANTHRO_600x600.jpg

I think it's the ears. They look too big to me. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall his ears being that tall. If that's the case, the ear height is making him look smaller than he is supposed to.

this is a positive post for all you people out there

these figures are awesome. I seriously can't wait for these!

Oh, and seems the CC chance did go through. Mattel charged it....and gave me my$2 refund. yay! ;o)

Panthro looks fine to me..except maybe the eyeliner. the prototype lion o had serious season 2 thick eye brows that made it look ugly.

Hopefully there will be a sale on the site after SDCC.

"Stay tuned for exclusive reveals & more information about our 2016 SDCC Exclusives starting this Friday! #Mattel @SDCC "

13217338_10154168850259844_3699024052429477736_o.jpg

EARLY ACCESS: Thursday 6/16/16 at 9 a.m. PT to Friday 6/17/16 at 8:00 a.m. PT (subscribers only)

ALL ACCESS: Friday 6/17/16 at 9 a.m. PT to Sunday 6/26/16 at 11:59 p.m. (everyone*)

2016-06-16_Tier1.jpg

*Subject to Early Access sellout.

Thunderkittens won't be sold at SDCC, they will available for pick-up for those who bought the vouchers, but anyone else won't have the option to buy at the Con.

Mattel will be selling rest of the figures online only.

Starts: Monday, 7/18/16 at 9 a.m. PT (Open to everyone)
Ends: Sunday, 7/24/16 at 11:59 p.m. PT

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog...-con-online-only-salestarts-718-for-everyone/
Open to everyone (not just subscribers)

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.54146551301
Product sale page.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.54146551301
ThunderCatsWilyKit & WilyKat 2-Pack - $60

https://www.facebook.com/MattyColle...57309659843/10154309402424844/?type=3&theater

"You asked for it, and we’re making it happen! Due to popular demand, you’ll soon have the opportunity to buy the She-Ra® and Thundercats™: Wilykit and Wilykat™ SDCC 2016 exclusives directly from MattyCollector.com.

That means they will not be available at our booth during SDCC – they’ll only be part of our upcoming SDCC Online Sale in July. More information about the sale coming soon.

Quantities will be limited, so you’ll have to move fast to get them. Stay tuned for more details, as six more items from our Voucher Sale will also be available online, too!

Please note: If you pre-ordered She-Ra® or Thundercats™: WIlykit and Wilykat™ during our Voucher Sale, you’ll still pick them up at SDCC."

Packaging looks great. I guess lack of title on the front is going to be part of their packaging theme, but at least it's visible on the top.

DKB94_005_600x600_v2.jpg

DKB94_001_600x600_v2.jpg

DKB94_003_600x600_v2.jpg

DKB94_004_600x600_v2.jpg

DKB94_002_600x600_v2.jpg

Uhm...wilykat...what are you holding there?

ahh, Mattel. the only company that can't get out of it's own way. i bet that'll make alot of people going to the con just for that happy.
so glad he-man is done and i don't have to deal with them anymore.

these should be in stores for easy pickup....not jumping through hoops figuring out how to buy them...or browsing endless big lots hoping to find ones you missed.

>>Quantities will be limited, so you’ll have to move fast to get them>>

I also don't miss the blue screen of mattel death. by the time you get throuh the horrible system they have, they'll be gone.
sigh. why not make enough for everyone?

don't we have someone from matty on here?

here is a question.

If Mattel knew matty collector was going under soon,

why purchase the thundercats license?

hardly seems fair to tease us with 5 or so wonderful figures and know we'll never get more beyond that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back