Voice changer

Does it look like this?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/6801978ef7723308f21c6545fa975214.jpg

Hook it all up and then screen shot the app. I'll try to figure it out for ya

Mine does look like this. I have a couple of questions for you, if you dont mind. This 1st one might seem stupid but ive tried everything and its not working.

1. Do you turn on the app>wait for it to start up> then plug everything in. OR vice versa?
2. Can you repost your recent videos for me, it says that the video does not exist?

Excellent thread! I'm curious if anyone has had any new setups that have worked better? I saw cosplay chris' arduino setup and it sounds pretty good, but he no longer sells the setup on etsy. Has anyone used the arduino synthesizer or is there something else that is recommended.

LMAO...

thats the same project I posted a while back.. (over a year ago, but nobody was interested in the Arduino approach.. they all wanted to use phones?)

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253520&page=2&p=3967738&viewfull=1#post3967738

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253520&page=2&p=3968099&viewfull=1#post3968099

Its a simple project.. (if you want to do it the way in your last YouTube video)

Arduino Uno
Adafruit Waveshield
Open Source (free) code (Adavoice)

download the FREE IDE..
plug in Arduino Uno..
Upload code
(assembly the Adafruit waveshield kit)
you'll also need the electric mic as well.

and away you go.

Its all open source.. and no reason to buy anything from anyone.

Uno (couple bucks off ebay)
Adafruit Waveshield $20.00
Mic (not sure.. $5.00 I think?)

Looking at around $30.00 or so? (and some time to assemble and install some software)

You can adjust the pitch a bit as well..

I'll probably take the arduino approach. On a side note, I have the hells kitchen dk suit. Does anyone have a good speaker and mounting location they could recommend. I'd like to make it as clear as possible without having a speaker hanging from my neck.

The speaker will depend on whatever solution you end using..

not sure about the mic for your purposes (open face Bat suit)

maybe there is a throat mic that will work for the Arduino approach?

party city...14.99....works well enough...put the mic in the tip of my nose....people liked it..
20170920_210623_002.jpg

Please someone help me. I just found this thread. Poured over it and still can’t find my problem.

I have an iPhone 7 and iPhone X and northern work. I’m running voice synth and it will play from my phone to the speaker wirelessly but when I hook up a splitter to the phone to run and external mic, the sound will play through the speaker but not the external micro I have. Any ideas?

I worked with portable voice changers some time ago for my Borg Costume (before phone apps.), but I found that the ones that were available then
only worked as a "Voice Additive" sound effect circuit.
It seemed to distort the spoken words to the point of not being able to even understand what is being said.
If someone was stand near me, they could hear and understand the actual words from my mouth and the
changer itself just played the modified sound.

While speaking into the microphone with the speaker in another room, the person listening couldn't even clearly understand what was being said unless they where right next to me.
Maybe today, things are better with portable voice changers and the voice modifications are clear enough to understand....but so far as seen on youtube, they haven't improved.
It's still more of a sound effect (background) being added to your actual voice which is being heard...
With phones, maybe there is a good "app for that" where you don't have to even hear the person speaking, but the after "modification effect" is clear enough to understand in a different location without the benefit of actually hearing spoken word as well?

Maybe the use of a descent portable mixer would do the trick.
Mix a good clear, amplified voice with the distorted "modified sound" so that the spoken words
are mixed along with the changed sound and adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back