Voice changer

2013blackram

Hey all new to the forum. Already have a tdk suit.
Going to be tackling the bvs next.
Lhasa anyone had any success on a voice changer to mimic the movie sound of afflec?
to me it sounds as if they've dropped his voice a few octives and added a hint of a robot sound.
I know there are wearable kits you can buy that can kind of do this.
Cheers. Let you all know how I make out.

Hey all new to the forum. Already have a tdk suit.
Going to be tackling the bvs next.
Lhasa anyone had any success on a voice changer to mimic the movie sound of afflec?
to me it sounds as if they've dropped his voice a few octives and added a hint of a robot sound.
I know there are wearable kits you can buy that can kind of do this.
Cheers. Let you all know how I make out.

Been working on this for awhile and in honesty, the voice modulation units that are out there (eBay) are crap. The speaker is very low and your normal voice still over powers the modulated voice. Not to mention, the modulated voice sounds very distorted (you can't make out the words).

As of now, I find the best results in using a voice amplifier (what the Storm Troopers use), rather than a modulator, and doing your best Affleck impression. The aplification will give your voice grit (and some distortion), so it's just a matter of trying to speak in a lower octave.

That's all I got for now.

I was thinking kind of the same thing about the storm trooper set up.
Has anyone truer a throat mike?
hodden under the cowl but it could over power the sound before it leaves your mouth.

Ok so far I can only find online software which will do what we need it to.
A phone app would be great though.
I think what we need (if they are even available) is a programmable voice changer. One that uses software as you describe, but then is uploaded to the unit and then the unit is what we would mount in a mask to produce the effect(s).

Any luck on the voice changer ideas? I've found a throat mic on amazon that fits nicely under both of my cowls. I'm still lost on the unit itself.

Ok so here's where I'm at so far.
Live been following some old posts on a boba Fett site.
Basically running a mic to your phone. Changing your voice on the voice synth app which does a great version of the movie voice. Then using a 3.5 mm mic stereo splitter to a speaker (aker amped speaker).
It looks like it should work fine.
Matt will your mic throat use a 3.5 mm cord? Link to it?
Here's a link to the site I'm referencing. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/what-you-guys-using-voice-changer-49732/index3.html

Hey guys I'm from brotherhood of the bat and I've been monitoring this thread trying to get this to work. I've got a mic/headphone splitter plugged into an iPhone. I've got the throat mic plugged into the mic side and an auxiliary cable going into a bluetooth portable speaker on the other. I am using voice synth but I am still having issues with feedback coming through the speakers. Anyone know of any settings in voice synth or a way to stop this? I am so close to getting this to work! Thx guys!

OK guys I got it! It took a little bit of everything I ordered to get it to work! So you need 2 auxiliary cables, a good working throat mic, a headphone and mic splitter and a portable speaker. I use a Phillips speaker. My echo problem before was because I had a crappy throat mic. I ordered a audiopack speaker and throat mic off ebay.. it's actually used by first responders. All I use is the throat mic from it though. Anyways you plug the throat mic into the mic side of the splitter and an auxiliary cable into the headphone side and connect it to yhe speaker.i am using voice sync app and it's working perfectly. Finally! I took a video but I'll upload it late!

I'm totally doing this, this is such an amazing idea! I've already got a great voice amp (for my Mando getup) so I just need the rest of the gear[emoji14]super keen to see that video jayissuperman!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back