Voice changer

So i was just looking at this. Doesn't the l9 adapter have a male end? If so is that what plugs into the line port on the aker? And obviously the mic would plug into the mic port on the aker? Is this how it should work?

No lol sorry I never explained that haha

The mic goes into the 3.5mm jack on the phone.
The L9 plugs into the line jack on the aker.
Nothing plugs into the mic jack on the aker.

Photo for reference
c3908c7adf784b66c92742d3fb98905a.jpg

Heres my example/attempt using an Arduino based solution:

probably not as robust as the one you got going on.. and it needs the amplified mic..etc (not sure how it would work with ones you guys are planning on using)

the R2-D2 sounds are just me whistling into the same mic in the beginning! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't make voice synth for android unfortunately. However there is one called robovox that works too. You just can't customize your sound quite as much

And robovox has a slight delay between when you speak and when you get sound.

The best (cheapest) solution would be to buy a 4th gen iPod touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And robovox has a slight delay between when you speak and when you get sound.

The best (cheapest) solution would be to buy a 4th gen iPod touch

Hey outbid curiosity do you have the 14.99 version of voice synth? I bought the 4.99 version a while back but seems some settings are unavailable. Like the background gain you mentioned.

Screenshot your screen. If you have the old version it will be under the ROUTE tab

And this mic is the one in the vid. (Totally botched the name Hahahaha)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017BYJZVM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this is the ear bone mic I ordered though a good throat mic could work as well (they have one on this same site)

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/earbone-microphone-vem94m35.html

I've never bought any type of mic before but looking through the ixradio link you provided with the ear bone mic you ordered, I was thinking of going the throat mic route. There's so many options on the site I wouldn't know where to start. Any recommendations what you think is a great throat mic they offer and do you think it will come in as clear as what you used in your test video?

I've never bought any type of mic before but looking through the ixradio link you provided with the ear bone mic you ordered, I was thinking of going the throat mic route. There's so many options on the site I wouldn't know where to start. Any recommendations what you think is a great throat mic they offer and do you think it will come in as clear as what you used in your test video?

2 things first off

1: I personally haven't used any throat mic but in my research I've found a few reviews of there's that leads me to believe it's great IF you don't have a thick neck

2: I'm using a lapel mic in my vid because my ear bone mic hadn't arrived yet. It's supposed to be here today so I'll try to grab a new vid with it tonight.

Assuming the mic works with the set up (regardless of sound quality as I mean more that it's a compatible jack, which it should be) I would go with this one for a throat mic if I were you

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/transde...ers-with-secure-custom-neck-velcro-strap.html

Although, if the ear bone mic works well, I would suggest it for long term comfort.

Hey outbid curiosity do you have the 14.99 version of voice synth? I bought the 4.99 version a while back but seems some settings are unavailable. Like the background gain you mentioned.

Did you buy voice express or voice synth? I'm trying to figure out how to hep you but I need more info lol

Try to screenshot the app and post it here so I can see what you're using.

So the ear bone mic SUCKS lol..... Even if you turn the amp all the way up you get almost no sound at all (12 watt amp pushed to my ear and it's barely audible)

So I'm trying to see if they'll swap it for a throat mic

Sorry to hear that man! U will need a good throat mic. Mine is made by audiopak I believe. It's made for first responders. I lucked out on ebay with it.

I use the same set up but a splitter instead of the fiio l9 but I ordered one that will be here tomorrow. I use a Phillips blutooth speaker (but not the blutooth of course) instead of the aker amp. Works pretty great for me but I am considering the aker. Gonna wait and see how much the l9 improves what I've got going.

I use the same set up but a splitter instead of the fiio l9 but I ordered one that will be here tomorrow. I use a Phillips blutooth speaker (but not the blutooth of course) instead of the aker amp. Works pretty great for me but I am considering the aker. Gonna wait and see how much the l9 improves what I've got going.

Ok sweet! Let me know how it works with the L9. Are you able to test something for me real quick? If so shoot me a pm

In the car at the moment but what did you want me to test? Odds are I've already tried it lol. For some reason I can't pm people but I can reply. Send it to me if ya want and I'll do it tomorrow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back