Voice changer

https://goo.gl/photos/F6XUur6AWspSo7Zb6
Here ya go guys, it's very quick and please don't mind the mess. Haha I was trying to go somewhere quiet and with a little one that's not always easy. I can def do a better one later on but you get the idea for now. Make sure to use a decent speaker too so it doesn't sound muffled like a storm trooper or something. Let me know what you think! Oh, and in wearing my belt because I have the speaker and phone clipped to the back. Also keep in mind you can change the voice however you want. I just picked Pre set that sounded similar for now.

Last edited:
https://goo.gl/photos/F6XUur6AWspSo7Zb6
Here ya go guys, it's very quick and please don't mind the mess. Haha I was trying to go somewhere quiet and with a little one that's not always easy. I can def do a better one later on but you get the idea for now. Make sure to use a decent speaker too so it doesn't sound muffled like a storm trooper or something. Let me know what you think! Oh, and in wearing my belt because I have the speaker and phone clipped to the back. Also keep in mind you can change the voice however you want. I just picked Pre set that sounded similar for now.

That's amazing dude! It sounds really nice and clear and the preset sounds really good for an armored Batfleck sound. I'll definitely be using your suggestions when I get to building my own voice changer.

PS: Was totally waiting for a "Do you bleed?" mic test :)

Last edited:
Haha thanks man! I'm really happy with the way it works! I was totally gonna say that! I was nerding out like crazy.lol. I might do a longer quick tutorial video later.

Here's a vid of what I've got going so far. I'll be using an ear bone conduction mic in the final version (that is if it ever ships haha)

http://youtu.be/ZUUBkqAe85o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude sounds great! Love this stuff lol. Are you using voice synth for a app? If so mind sharing your settings?! And how did u get no natural voice in there? Where you just talking low? Hope your mic works for ya!

Last edited:
Has anyone looked in to using the Adafruit Waveshield/Voice Changer? (allows you to also play .wav file from button press or programmatically)

I have set it up a few times to play with.. allows you to adjust the 'pitch' (either through code or using a potentiometer)

so you can get deep like a sit/Vaderh.. (or deeper like a demon).. or higher.. like an 'imp/fairy'..etc (or anywhere in between)..

when in 'mic mode' (actually changing the voice output).. I find there is a little 'noise' on the speaker.. (worse when you have AREF connected to +5v vs +3.3v)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I am using a variation of the iPhone set up with voice synth. One thing I've noticed in this thread is that people are trying to use the 3.5mm splitter. This is NOT a good idea as you'll get feedback VERY EASY if you turn it up loud enough to cover your natural voice.

You'll need:
iPhone 4 or newer or iPod touch 4th gen or newer

A trrs mic (I used a dudebro lav mic in the video until my ear bone mic comes in (that way the mic will be completely hidden under the cowl))

A Fiio L9 adapter

A 30 pin to lightning converter (if the phone/iPod has a lightning jack)

And a powerful amp/speaker (I'm using an aker)

The voice synth pro app

Here are my settings

Preset-bypass

Pitch shift: -2 (this could be different for others)

Formant shift: -1

All FX turned off

Natural voice mode

And select live

Now the trick that makes the thing work
Under the Audio tab make sure you select background audio and turn the gain ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Use the LINE port on the aker and NOT the MIC port as you'll get tons of feedback.

Also there's a trick to the order to pug stuff in. Open the app then plug the mic in, then plug the speaker assembly in.

Let me know if there's any questions!!

P.s. This all for the new update (as for which tab some stuff is under)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I am using a variation of the iPhone set up with voice synth. One thing I've noticed in this thread is that people are trying to use the 3.5mm splitter. This is NOT a good idea as you'll get feedback VERY EASY if you turn it up loud enough to cover your natural voice.

You'll need:
iPhone 4 or newer or iPod touch 4th gen or newer

A trrs mic (I used a dudebro lav mic in the video until my ear bone mic comes in (that way the mic will be completely hidden under the cowl))

A Fiio L9 adapter

A 30 pin to lightning converter (if the phone/iPod has a lightning jack)

And a powerful amp/speaker (I'm using an aker)

The voice synth pro app

Here are my settings

Preset-bypass

Pitch shift: -2 (this could be different for others)

Formant shift: -1

All FX turned off

Natural voice mode

And select live

Now the trick that makes the thing work
Under the Audio tab make sure you select background audio and turn the gain ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Use the LINE port on the aker and NOT the MIC port as you'll get tons of feedback.

Also there's a trick to the order to pug stuff in. Open the app then plug the mic in, then plug the speaker assembly in.

Let me know if there's any questions!!

P.s. This all for the new update (as for which tab some stuff is under)

Hey man not seeing in the voice synth app where the audio option is to turn down background noise gain. Also can you link what mic you ordered

Hey man not seeing in the voice synth app where the audio option is to turn down background noise gain. Also can you link what mic you ordered

Screenshot your screen. If you have the old version it will be under the ROUTE tab

And this mic is the one in the vid. (Totally botched the name Hahahaha)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017BYJZVM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this is the ear bone mic I ordered though a good throat mic could work as well (they have one on this same site)

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/earbone-microphone-vem94m35.html

OK thanks! Yeah my throat mine seems to be working pretty good! I may try switching from my splitter to the l9 adapter. That may be where am getting a little feedback from.

OK thanks! Yeah my throat mine seems to be working pretty good! I may try switching from my splitter to the l9 adapter. That may be where am getting a little feedback from.

Definitely is. I tried both lol

Also make sure you're in the line port and not the mic port if you have both. This set up REALLY needs an amp and not just a normal speaker.

With a normal speaker the only thing powering the actual sound levels is your phone. With an amp/speaker combo, it treats the audio coming from your phone almost like a passive signal then boosts it itself and can get WAY louder which is needed to cover your natural voice.

Also Bluetooth mics and speakers will NOT work with this set up due to the fact that iOS can not send input and output separately via Bluetooth.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back