Obi Wan Lightsaber - oryginal parts

interfacet

Hi guys,
I'm new to forum and I need help. Can you help me to find where I can buy oryginal parts to Obi Wans' lightsaber?
Thanks

Like has been said a lot of these parts are almost impossible to find at this point. Many have taken years to locate them. The satisfaction is in the hunt, rather than the kill so-to-speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most difficult to find will be the Derwent engine balance pipe. Those are tricky to find, unless you manage to find a parts source or were lucky enough to find an engine with the right parts. A group of us were lucky enough to do that a couple of years ago.

The next most difficult would be the Browning booster, followed by the grenade. The other parts (handwheel, clamp, bubble strip) pop up frequently from time to time. I guess you just have to be patient and wait for them to become available.

Shameless plug for my build here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=193355

Hi there and welcome aboard ... it's true I have been on the search for many years now ... not to mention the costs ... it's a fun quest ... but you'll need patience and some luck ... the hours I have spend on ebay to search for the pommel section = armitage shanks handwheel and then finding one in the Junkyard when I wasn't even searching. Same luck when a male counter part of the balance pipe became available after I had no funds for the accurate female version when the group buy was done as mentioned above. So best to start your journey with a WTB in the Junkyard section ... as said above some parts will almost be impossible to find ... until someone someday decides to give up the chase and puts their vintage parts up for sale ... so prepare yourself for a long haul and start saving for when that day comes :)

Chaim

Pray that they don't have a real parts Obi Wan in episode 8... or that they don't have a young obi movie where it's front and center...

You thought Graflex's went up in price!:sick

Pray that they don't have a real parts Obi Wan in episode 8... or that they don't have a young obi movie where it's front and center...

You thought Graflex's went up in price!:sick

I'd probably sell mine and buy a small island to live on. :lol

Seriously though, I do seem to recall (but might be wrong about) reading that production wanted to buy a real booster, right around the time they were looking for an MPP, so... who knows?

I've got my Romans replica and love it. The only thing I'm in need of is the right kind of take that goes weathered on the graflex clamp. Any pointers on that?

I'd probably sell mine and buy a small island to live on. :lol

Seriously though, I do seem to recall (but might be wrong about) reading that production wanted to buy a real booster, right around the time they were looking for an MPP, so... who knows?

That, and Rey's lineage, make me believe an Obi film is on it's way... gotta watch him work on that old rusty saber, after getting it on with a local tattoine lady....

I may only be able to buy a yacht to visit your island... (mine has a converted male BP)

I've got my Romans replica and love it. The only thing I'm in need of is the right kind of take that goes weathered on the graflex clamp. Any pointers on that?

You mean tape of course ... well any metalized tape will suffice ... Roy sells some with his Luke ESB set ... ask him where to get a larger piece? Personally I don't like the tape on the clamp as seen in the Mechanismo Book and Chronicles . . . so in my mind I see it as an after-production added piece . . . not screen used :)

Chaim

That, and Rey's lineage, make me believe an Obi film is on it's way... gotta watch him work on that old rusty saber, after getting it on with a local tattoine lady....

I may only be able to buy a yacht to visit your island... (mine has a converted male BP)

I would love, love to see an Obi anthology film. I really hope they make one with McGregor sometime soon.

I'm mostly content with my Obi saber, but I'd like to replace my grenade sometime for a better condition one, or at least one with more symmetrical cuts. It's something on my list of things to do in the future.

Yours looks great, I love the grenade you have. Those converted male BPs turned out very nicely; I sold mine to another member and kind of regret not keeping it. (I think he's pretty happy with it though, and I only sold it to fund a Model 47A Mal pistol, so I think it was a fair trade off. :))

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back