Ghost Corps....

KrangPrime

Master Member
So, since I didn't want to revive the other older thread with the social commentary, and I didn't want to ruin Westies thread....lets start a new one... and PLEASE try and keep it civil.

I will ask the mods to delete anything that comes off as combative by the usual suspects. This thread is to discuss all the new ghostbsuters material coming out in 2016, ranging from IDW, to 'FeigBusters' to other merchandise...

Apparently Ghost Corps is a REAL office front on the Sony lot, with lots of memorabilia from the movie on the lot, including the Ecto's.
has anyone managed to visit? I'd love to see more pictures and get an idea of what they actually plan to DO there...
latest

heh, it's funny. Reading all the ghostbusters pages, this movie has NOTHING but fans hating on it since day one. and somehow, it's become more about femenism and womans rights than ghostbsuters. weird how bridesmades and spy didn't have the same vibe to it....but somehow, this got attached to ghostbusters pretty quickly.
I can't help but wonder if this was the intent of amy pascal, who at one time wanted to do a movie about spidermans Aunt May of all characters, as well as a group of 4 Spiderwoman crime fighters before she got ousted. maybe this is her final revenge against sony for getting her fired.

there is also this amazingly well done
Hollywood Collectibles Peter Venkman 1:4 Statue[/h]
coming out soon. I decided to get this over the cool diamond select figures...although I may pick those up down the line too.

sdcchcgvenkman.jpg

I was there a few weeks ago,didn't get to go in as I was told it's for the new production of Ghostbusters but they have both versions of Ecto-1 parked out front,I got a few pictures of them not great as there was more people then sense all over Socal at this time of year.

Gimme a bit and I'll see about the pictures.

Again not the greatest pictures they had these cars in a tiny as hell area and with all the folks on the tour I was lucky to get any pictures (most all of this last trip was like that,so many people I skipped pictures in a lot of cases and just focused on getting the hell out of there)

This one is from the lobby sony plaza? where you buy tickets to go in,they had a bunch of props from films the RPF would like,strangely the only one I really wanted a picture of was the proton pack from GBII:

The front of "Ghost Corps" didn't look like the picture you have,you couldn't see inside and they don't let you in.

Apparently Ghost Corps is a REAL office front on the Sony lot, with lots of memorabilia from the movie on the lot, including the Ecto's.
has anyone managed to visit? I'd love to see more pictures and get an idea of what they actually plan to DO there...
Here is a shot inside the lobby courtesy of the Ghost Corps Facebook page--- pretty cool! From what I understand, Ghost Corps will develop and produce GB content, as well as oversee brand licensees. Think of it like Bad Robot. It's a production/branding company that just so happens to have a really cool office. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

12356697_995442157168469_1251886335080938660_o.jpg

heh, it's funny. Reading all the ghostbusters pages, this movie has NOTHING but fans hating on it since day one. and somehow, it's become more about femenism and womans rights than ghostbsuters. weird how bridesmades and spy didn't have the same vibe to it....but somehow, this got attached to ghostbusters pretty quickly.
First off, I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and can't wait for the reboot. I welcome it with open arms and judgement reserved until after I see the movie. As for Bridesmaids and Spy, I'm guessing you didn't hear much chatter on gender issues due to the lack of vitriolic hate being thrown around for those particular movies, which unfortunately isn't the case for the GB reboot.

So, since I didn't want to revive the other older thread with the social commentary, and I didn't want to ruin Westies thread....lets start a new one... and PLEASE try and keep it civil.

I will ask the mods to delete anything that comes off as combative by the usual suspects. This thread is to discuss all the new ghostbsuters material coming out in 2016, ranging from IDW, to 'FeigBusters' to other merchandise...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ffice01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151202021439

I can't help but wonder if this was the intent of amy pascal, who at one time wanted to do a movie about spidermans Aunt May of all characters, as well as a group of 4 Spiderwoman crime fighters before she got ousted. maybe this is her final revenge against sony for getting her fired.

there is also this amazingly well done
Hollywood Collectibles Peter Venkman 1:4 Statue[/h]
coming out soon. I decided to get this over the cool diamond select figures...although I may pick those up down the line too.

https://ectocontainment.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/sdcchcgvenkman.jpg

Just an FYI: the Venkman statue pictured was only the first prototype and we went back and resculpted the whole head to make it more accurate.
Here are pictures of the final version we launched on our website.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I didn't think the first one was bad, but holy hell....

I can't wait to get this. are the others coming down the line?

Thanks.... The first sculpt looked great, don't get me wrong. I think the sculptor did a fantastic job, but fans let us know there were parts that needed work so we went back to the drawing board (so-to-speak). Now I think this new sculpt has really nailed Bill's look. :)

Yep... We will be doing all of the boys... "Plus more".
I can't say much about the "more" part but I will say there are cool things coming ;)

Here is a shot inside the lobby courtesy of the Ghost Corps Facebook page--- pretty cool! From what I understand, Ghost Corps will develop and produce GB content, as well as oversee brand licensees. Think of it like Bad Robot. It's a production/branding company that just so happens to have a really cool office. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

First off, I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and can't wait for the reboot. I welcome it with open arms and judgement reserved until after I see the movie. As for Bridesmaids and Spy, I'm guessing you didn't hear much chatter on gender issues due to the lack of vitriolic hate being thrown around for those particular movies, which unfortunately isn't the case for the GB reboot.

it just seems kind of odd on the timing. I would have thought the bigger push for this would have been when the video game was released in 2009. that would have been the perfect time for a new animated series to have been launched, along with the IDW comic. I can't help but think if this office is just to keep reitman and aykroyd placated, to make it seem like they have a say in the franchise they created anymore.

that could be, but it can't be all of it. even before all that started, it was being touted by the production staff as 'the female ghostbusters'. more emphasis was made about that than the actual ghostbusters name. or just as much. something else seems like it's behind it. although the ghostbusters fans didn't help....i I know they are a bunch of grumpy people at best.

it just seems kind of odd on the timing. I would have thought the bigger push for this would have been when the video game was released in 2009. that would have been the perfect time for a new animated series to have been launched, along with the IDW comic. I can't help but think if this office is just to keep reitman and aykroyd placated, to make it seem like they have a say in the franchise they created anymore.
I really don't think there's any greater conspiracy behind Ghost Corps. Reitman and Aykroyd both still have huge approval rights for the franchise. If I had to guess, this current content development push is due to Sony just not having many tentpole franchises any more. During the TVG release in 09, Sony was still trying to push the Eisenberg/Stupnitsky GB3 script through production, but Murray was the hold-up. The script issues would have worked themselves out if The Murricane had signed on the dotted line. Now with all parties seemingly on board, the flood gates have opened for development of other GB-related projects, hence Ghost Corps.

...even before all that started, it was being touted by the production staff as 'the female ghostbusters'. more emphasis was made about that than the actual ghostbusters name. or just as much. something else seems like it's behind it.
Again, I really don't think there's any conspiracy or agenda. Sony/Columbia wanted a Ghostbusters film, but no director would go up to bat for a sequel after Reitman stepped down, including Feig. Feig pitched his reboot idea to Pascal, and the rest is history. "I'll do this film, but I want to do it my way, with my cast". They decided to take a chance with it. If Reitman or Aykroyd didn't want it, the reboot project would not have moved forward. Period. They have franchise approval rights. Otherwise, we would have had GB3 in 1999 with a new crew consisting of a tough, body-pierced New Jersey punker, a dread-locked stoner, a female gymnast science grad, a Latino beauty, and a young kid genius supervisor with an abnormally large head looking over them all. Not exactly great sounding, eh?

The Feig reboot may work, it may not, the only way to tell is to reserve judgement until the final product is released. Until then, all we have are small text tidbits and set photos taken out of the context of the production. Basically assumptions from people not in any way associated with the production.

Any mention of the female angle from the production seems to be coming as a response to the sexist comments from fans. Nothing more.

12540564_10153409667057685_8817482580385964306_n.jpg

The goofy promotional posters that ripped off the Michael Bay TMNT goofy Movie Posters (that probably ripped off from something else)...are now part of the promotional packaging.

A repurpoused existing pinball with ghostbusters art.

Way to go top dollar guys.

If anyone from la la land is reding this, if you could get the original orchestra score for gb 2 released. you'd be my hero for the year. combining it with the RGB score would be icing on the cake. I like the GB2 score better than the original music.

12548967_1123655874341671_1854969363546641152_n.jpg

Lots of new junk to be purchased....although not much info I saw on what it is and when it's coming out.

Mr.Fig Newton claims the trailer is coming out at the end of the month.

I've been trying to think. has any GOOD, or even BAD movie waited this long to release a trailer not more than 4 months before release date? It's rather odd that we still havn't seen a single frame of footage released for this thing and it's sony's biggest pet project. hell, even Angry Birds has had two trailers out by now. Posts by people who claim to be at test screenings for the first trailer say that their audience was stone silent....and claim one of the scenes is thor fumbling around with a trap and Jones saying 'How can something so beautiful be so dumb?' I wonder if Sony is worried at this point.

Assuming you can get past the groan worthy first line (the best part is, their ladies!)....some more merchandise coming out..
http://retail-merchandiser.com/blog...-sony-pictures-consumer-products-ghostbusters

Last edited:
Posts by people who claim to be at test screenings for the first trailer say that their audience was stone silent....and claim one of the scenes is thor fumbling around with a trap and Jones saying 'How can something so beautiful be so dumb?' I wonder if Sony is worried at this point.
A somewhat on-the-fence-reboot dude on another board I post on viewed some GB material at an event in Europe a few weeks ago. He said what he saw was hilarious and really cool looking. Unlike the focus group posts, this guy actually posted pics from the event as some sort of proof.

was that the event with the cardboard cut out where people could put their head through that I've seen pictures of online?

if so, that would be the first positive review. compared to at least three negative reviews. although I'm still not sure if those people only saw a trailer, or a trailer and clips from the movie. I would think the latter judging by how the posts where worded.

It's funny..if people HAVE seen the film, even in rough cut form, why no reviews? people leak things like crazy these days..Non Disclosure forms be damned.

I guess the real clue will be if this thing is screened for critics or not. usually when they skip critics screenings, it's a bomb.

was that the event with the cardboard cut out where people could put their head through that I've seen pictures of online?

if so, that would be the first positive review. compared to at least three negative reviews. although I'm still not sure if those people only saw a trailer, or a trailer and clips from the movie. I would think the latter judging by how the posts where worded.
I've heard around 20 minutes of scenes were screened.

new speculation is with mcarthy on snl saturday, new trailer premiers on 'doomsentine day' sunday.

1)I don't see them caring that much to wait for that day, after hyping this up for over a year...

2)IF they do show it then, I still think they should fire their marketing team. it just makes it look like they are afraid or ashamed of it with every
other major motion picture having one or two trailers by now out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back