Ghost Corps....

new speculation is with mcarthy on snl saturday, new trailer premiers on 'doomsentine day' sunday.

1)I don't see them caring that much to wait for that day, after hyping this up for over a year...

2)IF they do show it then, I still think they should fire their marketing team. it just makes it look like they are afraid or ashamed of it with every
other major motion picture having one or two trailers by now out.
I've been saying Valentine's Day since the trailer didn't drop on New Years Eve. It's pretty cool/clever for the marketing gang to do that, rather than some random day. It'll be hitting pretty heavily on social media, which will only amplify the trailer drop. With McCarthy on SNL, you're a Kristin Wiig drop-in shy of having the whole new GB team there, on the day before a doomsday prediction from the previous film. The Reboot marketing squad has already been using pretty obscure references from GB1 in their work.

I'm really not sure why you think the marketing team is afraid or ashamed of the movie for delaying a trailer. The delay could have been caused by any number of things, from delayed FX shots or music licensing being held up. I get being disappointed in the direction Sony took the franchise, but do you really have to drag down the marketing people for doing their jobs? It was more than likely something way beyond their control.

to me, it's all about perception.

1)fans have been bashing this thing since announcement.

2)Fantastic Four comparisons since director and talent and staff started trashing fans.

3)Every major motion picture that is a summer blockbuster has had a trailer out by now.

The casual audience that will be going to see this thing, since 95% of GB fans seem to be against it, won't know or care about the Valentines day date. Unless they just learned about it while watching al roker. their number one concern would be 'why no trailer?' it's already popping up on the FB pages from supporters and detractors alike.

just like even the fans who support it are wondering. at least a TEASER trailer should have been shown by now. you don't need fx to put up something that in 30 seconds could show how the movie was going to swing.

to me, it's all about perception.

1)fans have been bashing this thing since announcement.

2)Fantastic Four comparisons since director and talent and staff started trashing fans.

3)Every major motion picture that is a summer blockbuster has had a trailer out by now.
1- Some fans have, some fans haven't, some fans have remained neutral until they see the movie. Generalizing doesn't help your argument at all.

2- Fans haven't been bashed. Overly vitriolic, negative fans that spew hatred have been bashed. In my opinion, rightly so. Verbally abusing a small child for dressing up like a reboot Ghostbuster is over the line and rude. Just plain wrong. Attacking the director on social media is an immature thing to do. Furthering a stereotype doesn't do any good for anyone. Ghost Corps has been SUPER cool with fan interaction, product and merch development, and even helping out with fan-produced stuff, like 1:1 scale Terror Dog heads and multiple documentaries.

3- Again, there could have been issues behind the scenes that lead to the delay. We simply don't know. It's not a sign of the final quality of the film at all.

The casual audience that will be going to see this thing, since 95% of GB fans seem to be against it, won't know or care about the Valentines day date.
I'm curious as to where you got your numbers-- 95% of fans against it? Are you just pulling that figure out of the sky, or do you have some sort of marketing background?

just like even the fans who support it are wondering. at least a TEASER trailer should have been shown by now. you don't need fx to put up something that in 30 seconds could show how the movie was going to swing.
What you call fans wondering, I call building excitement. Rather than release the trailer on Star Wars or Super Bowl weekend, along with countless others, it would have been lost in the mix. Perhaps they're wanting to make a bigger splash. Piggybacking with the Valentine's Day thing trending on social media will be huge.

As for the FX, perhaps the FX are going to be an integral part of it, and Sony might not want unfinished content out there. Unless you're on the production or marketing teams, you're simply assuming.

More importantly, this thread is getting way off topic. This conversation might be better suited for the GB Reboot thread in the Entertainment forum.

What you call fans wondering, I call building excitement. Rather than release the trailer on Star Wars or Super Bowl weekend, along with countless others, it would have been lost in the mix. Perhaps they're wanting to make a bigger splash. Piggybacking with the Valentine's Day thing trending on social media will be huge.

As for the FX, perhaps the FX are going to be an integral part of it, and Sony might not want unfinished content out there. Unless you're on the production or marketing teams, you're simply assuming.

More importantly, this thread is getting way off topic. This conversation might be better suited for the GB Reboot thread in the Entertainment forum.

By Star Wars trailer, you mean Rouge One?

I think the answer to that is simpler. they are probably waiting for whenever D23 or Star Wars Celebration is. Star wars is a far stronger b rand than ghostbusters and doesn't NEED positive reinforcement. IIRC, disney even pulled out of NYCC last year so they could centralize all of their marketing efforts...

As for percentages....the only place I really see positive posts on this thing are on the GB Fan groups. every where else you go, the hate is far greater than the support.
I don't think I've seen anyone have a problem with Ghost Corps itself. Even I think the idea is long over due, and probably should have been started when momentum for the game was around. we could have had a new animated series by now if they concerted their effort a little more.

eh, i'm the one who started the thread, i don't mind if it goes a little off topic. the trailer is part of ghost corps after all..

- - - Updated - - -

slightly back on topic, from Ghostbusters Hq.....
Dan Takes the new one out for a spin...

I am not sure if this is from Ghost Corp offices, but if you look closely in the background, you will see the original ecto, and I know they have both there, so it's entirely possible.

At least Elwood is enjoying himself.

12715741_987716264656245_2959531059352391082_n.jpg

By Star Wars trailer, you mean Rouge One?

I think the answer to that is simpler. they are probably waiting for whenever D23 or Star Wars Celebration is. Star wars is a far stronger b rand than ghostbusters and doesn't NEED positive reinforcement. IIRC, disney even pulled out of NYCC last year so they could centralize all of their marketing efforts...
I meant release the GB trailer on SW TFA, with the gigantic rush of other trailers. I wasn't comparing GB to SW. SW obviously has a larger fanbase.

As for percentages....the only place I really see positive posts on this thing are on the GB Fan groups. every where else you go, the hate is far greater than the support.
I don't think I've seen anyone have a problem with Ghost Corps itself. Even I think the idea is long over due, and probably should have been started when momentum for the game was around. we could have had a new animated series by now if they concerted their effort a little more.
I couldn't disagree more. I've only seen "hate" from a select few places. The general consensus seems to be neutral to positive, in my opinion. Sure, there are bad seeds, but overall... neutral to positive. I even get having a negative outlook on it. What I don't get is when people focus on the negative outlook instead of ignoring the thing all together. Why bring down the good vibe enjoyed by other people?

As for why Ghost Corps wasn't started in 08, the interest simply wasn't there. The game didn't sell that great, and Sony was having troubles getting the in-universe sequel off of the ground with the lackluster Einsenberg/Stupnitsky script.

Aykroyd driving in the new Ectomobile is for a Youtube channel about cars that Jay Leno has. The original Ectomobile is also part of the video.

the videos out? I'll have to go looking for it...

as for the other stuff...we must be doing different headcounts of the city. Can we at least agree that the Kardashians suck? if we can do that, then all is right with the world..

the videos out? I'll have to go looking for it...

as for the other stuff...we must be doing different headcounts of the city. Can we at least agree that the Kardashians suck? if we can do that, then all is right with the world..
I don't think the Leno Ecto video is out yet. They shot it this past week.

...and yes, I'm not the biggest Kardashian fan. :darnkids

I'm pretty excited about what Ghost Corps. has planned. It is kind of evident there that they are looking well past the Feig movie. It is almost as if they just want to get it out there and have it do nominally well so they can move beyond it. That said, if the movie tanks, it won't do the future of the franchise any favors.

The fan event they put on last week was pretty unprecedented. Ghost Corps is really throwing their weight behind the fans!

That looks awesome except for the character likenesses :( They look nothing like the girls ...

:D
But they do not really look like the guys either :(

the art isn't really my style, but i don't think it looks bad. i think maybe it's trying to emulate spray paint on a city street style?

fYI For anyone in the area..

GHOSTBUSTERS Fan Fest
Saturday, April 23 @ TRIBECA ON LOCATION
The Tribeca Film Festival Street Fair

Greenwich Street (at Harrison Street)
10 AM – 6 PM

Join us in the Tribeca neighborhood where it all began for the GHOSTBUSTERS Fan Fest, an all-day celebration of all things “ghostly.” Catch all of the action and activities at Spook Central, visit the actual location site of the GHOSTBUSTERS Headquarters, and enjoy an exclusive FREE screening of the original GHOSTBUSTERS film, with a pre-show program featuring special appearances and clips from the new fan-based documentary GHOSTHEADS.

Visit tribecafilm.com for more info.

PS - All fan Ectos are welcome! I hear we have at least 4 showing up as of now!>>>

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back