Polishing a turd

Hello, I hope this is in the right forum, that being said I am sitting with a really ,really hot hot vinyl AntMan mask on my head . It arrived very warped and I got tired of waiting on Xcoser to get back to me so any typos are because I'm sucking in toxic fumes as I scald the top of my head and tips of my ears , so on to the show. I just received my Rubies Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper helmet from Amazon. Well let's say I'm not really impressed,it is full warping, a third graders idea of a paint job not to mention it looks nothing like what was pictured. There is no lens in the eyes, just a dark fabric mesh. There are three holes drilled into the "mouth" reminiscent of those early 70's Halloween costumes. This turned out to be a horrible purchase and when I tried to return it the costume company (not Amazon) told me I had to pay return shipping as well as a restock fee, but I digress. Life has handed me a lemon and I will attempt to make sweet sweet lemonade to sip on a hot summer like day, at least until the snow hits Ohio.
My plan in the next few days is to fill in the gap between the front and back of the helmet, make and insert hard smoked lenses, granted they will be flat but that is fine for now. I plan on dirtying it up and then adding the "blood" that Fin got on his mask.Wish me luck Pics to follow in the next couple of days.

this is what I have: rubies.jpg this is what I hope to make: john-boyega-bloody-stormtrooper-820x410.jpg

Thanx for the support everyone, I am slowly gathering up materials needed and have to figure out a couple of things. Sadly I only get to work on this a few hours on the weekends so this is gonna be slow!

Well, no offense, but ... Rubies. Did you expect better? Still, anything done to it must make it look better.

Kerr Avon, no offense taken, I have a question, How the hell does rubies stay in business? I've never seen anything good from them!

this will be far from screen accurate but will look better than it does new. I am going for something close as my current skill set isn't up to screen accuracy ( at least not YET, but soon I will rule the world)

Everyone knows you can't polish a turd; but you can roll it in glitter.

When I saw that scene in TFA the first thing that came into my mind was Sev's helmet in the Republic Commando game from years ago. I wondered if J.J. was giving a silent nod to this great game.

Anyway, best of luck with 'polishing'

Cheers

Everyone knows you can't polish a turd; but you can roll it in glitter.
Cheers

I wouldn't recommend rolling a Stormtrooper helmet in glitter, because then you end up with the Shockmaster. :lol
shockmaster.jpg

I hope your helmet conversion looks a bit better than that, jamiestarr. :p

Attachments

• shockmaster.jpg
    shockmaster.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 52
  • shockmaster.jpg
    shockmaster.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 48
  • shockmaster.jpg
    shockmaster.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 42
  • shockmaster.jpg
    shockmaster.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back