1/48 AT-AT build

beautiful work sir !

I gotta say, I was a little concerned about the gloss, but the layers and weathering came together wonderfully. The pose is spot on as well.....

Fun post to watch. It's going to look fantastic. Can't wait to see how the snow turns out.

beautiful work sir !

I gotta say, I was a little concerned about the gloss, but the layers and weathering came together wonderfully. The pose is spot on as well.....

Fun post to watch. It's going to look fantastic. Can't wait to see how the snow turns out.

Thanks! It's close to completion, and I can't wait to photo shoot this with a Hoth background. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't resist doing a test shot of the completed build. [emoji23]

1d5ae9df0d2ebfc75c5710ece6e62d3a.jpg

And this is the setup that produced the shot. With a downloaded Hoth background of course.

8d509b7795adcc8341c76257e1708b2f.jpg

Wow! That looks mind-blowingly good. Love your green screen photography. Just bought some A1 green card yesterday to try my hand at some simple photoshopping once the 1/144 AT-AT arrives, so this is good inspiration.

Wow! That looks mind-blowingly good. Love your green screen photography. Just bought some A1 green card yesterday to try my hand at some simple photoshopping once the 1/144 AT-AT arrives, so this is good inspiration.

Thanks! Watch for the green bouncing back into your model. It's a pain to remove. Put some distance between them, which means you need a bigger green card.

Have fun!

Thanks! Watch for the green bouncing back into your model. It's a pain to remove. Put some distance between them, which means you need a bigger green card.

Have fun!

Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely take it onboard- so bigger card it is! I've been reading up on the basics of green screen lighting, etc but had not come across advice re. the distance of model v background. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely take it onboard- so bigger card it is! I've been reading up on the basics of green screen lighting, etc but had not come across advice re. the distance of model v background. Much appreciated.

Feel free to PM me if I can help. Also try to use different lenses. Shooting further with a Tele lens produces different results compared to wide and near.

The key to have an easy photoshop session is to make sure that your green back is consistently one tone. Shadows will cause you to have problems when trying to remove the background.

Feel free to PM me if I can help. Also try to use different lenses. Shooting further with a Tele lens produces different results compared to wide and near.

The key to have an easy photoshop session is to make sure that your green back is consistently one tone. Shadows will cause you to have problems when trying to remove the background.

I will definitely take you up on your offer, so thanks again. While I'm waiting for the AT-AT & bigger background to arrive, I'll have a practice with Bandai's mini Star Destroyer and see how I get on. I'm guessing some proper light diffusion helps with even, soft lighting so that's something else I need to look at. I guess like so many things, practice & trying different methods really is key.

I'm guessing some proper light diffusion helps with even, soft lighting so that's something else I need to look at. I guess like so many things, practice & trying different methods really is key.

A good prep is to find the background that you want to use, and visualise the angle of where your model will go in that background, noting the direction of the light falling on the scene. That tells you where to place the lighting for your shoot so the end result doesn't look photoshopped.

A good prep is to find the background that you want to use, and visualise the angle of where your model will go in that background, noting the direction of the light falling on the scene. That tells you where to place the lighting for your shoot so the end result doesn't look photoshopped.

Funnily enough I was just looking at your photo thinking how it doesn't looked photoshopped at all. I've seen others where it's really obvious, (as I'm sure mine will be, at least initially), but all this advice is superb. I have 3 fairly good daylight bulb lamps so will play around with positioning over the weekend.

Great dio/results/photo comp merkava 74. I always prefer shooting model with a Tele lens and a regular piece of glass between the lens and the model. It offer a more "life-like" pic.
Of course, real life lighting cannot be beaten...;)

Wow, great work!

If I had to be constructively critical, I'd point out that those puffy cumulus clouds probably wouldn't exist in the skies of Hoth. To me it gives away the scene. I'm no meterologist however.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol thanks. I googled "Hoth wallpaper" and found this one best suited what I needed. But you're right. Looks too much like a nice day on the French Alps. Haha!

This thread is amazing! I am SOOO building one of these! I just bought a 1\144 scale Bandai AT-AT while at Celebration! Plan to use photogrammetry to scan all of the parts as a base to get started from. Hopefully it works well!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back