Nexus Models!

akumazeto

Sr Member
Whats the story with these guys. They never answer emails. I have been trying to get a resin xwing for some time. Seems this is a common issue? Makes me scared to order when they do reply. Any experience here guys? They have a t47 I want too.

i've never heard of them but i would forget it if they won't even answer emails to order.
*update: that is not a site or company that sells kits. it is a personal site showcasing his builds.
you are barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
The site is legit and he also does sell resin kits. Here is the reply I got from him.

On 31 Dec 2014, at 4:03 am, "Rodolfo Martínez" <rodmart@nexus-models.cl> wrote:

Thanks for your interest in the X-Wing kit.

X-Wing 1/24th scale : U$ 690.00 Plus Shipping.

Shippin costs: Delivery times
Australia: USD: 195 3 to 5-working days.
USA: USD: 130 3------working days.
Canada: USD: 156 3 to 5-working days.
Europe: USD: 190 3 to 5-working days.
Asia: USD: 197 3 to 5-working days.

Shipping details:
Weight 3kg,
Box Size: 54 x 35 x 15 cm
Courier Service: Chilexpress-UPS

The kit includes the Aluminum-Resin armature for the wing articulation, three different
astromech droids,pilot and decal sets for control panels and pilot's helmet markings for
Luke, Biggs, Wedge, Porkins, Red 1 and Red 4.

I'll still be placing an order with him eventually but not at this point in time. Another message from
him states that he has problems with customs in the US and stuff going to the UK and Europe as his stuff lands in
the US before crossing over. I'm waiting until I get back to Aus until I place an order. That is if he is still making them of course?

Is Mike Salzo's new X-wing is still a thing?
Looks like just a few people did have access to it and that Mike is now swamped in other projects....

i've never heard of them but i would forget it if they won't even answer emails to order.
*update: that is not a site or company that sells kits. it is a personal site showcasing his builds.
you are barking up the wrong tree.

He sells plenty of kits and advertises on modeler magic. Anyway....I was looking at this kit as he seems to be the only one making a snowspeeder kit

http://www.nexus-models.com/snowspeeder-118.html

be aware, though it is a very nice kit, it is not accurate to the studio model. it seems to me there is a thread on here some where showing the construction of this kit and he explains that he added details not on the original models. if I'm paying $700 for an x-wing it better be accurate heck !!! :)

good lord, $700 for an x-wing kit :eek

Isn't Mike Salzo's new X-wing a lot cheaper?

TazMan2000
Gotta remember that this other X has an armature included, and this makes the price a lot more reasonable. The trouble for a lot of us is that we can afford (not according the wife) the X at one point and the armature (when one is even available) at another point. You might eventually pay something like $700, but not all at once. And the two X kits are not exactly the same. Seems to me there were a lot of positive reviews for the Rodmart kit.

I'm not even sure that the t47 is ready as a kit. I remember him announcing it but I've never read anything about the kit being ready nor available....

Gotta remember that this other X has an armature included, and this makes the price a lot more reasonable. The trouble for a lot of us is that we can afford (not according the wife) the X at one point and the armature (when one is even available) at another point. You might eventually pay something like $700, but not all at once. And the two X kits are not exactly the same. Seems to me there were a lot of positive reviews for the Rodmart kit.

FWIW the Mike Salzo X Wing was about $350, and the Mike Reader armature is $165 Canadian or about US $120.

Pulling the trigger on a Galactic Resin Xwing so that will keep me bust till I can source a B and Y to add to the collection.

I'm in contact often with Rod from Nexus. I know he's busy & yes I know that's no excuse to not reply to emails & requests/orders. I'll nudge him when we talk again.
The snowspeeder kit, not sure if any have been released yet, but note that this is a scaled replica, meaning it is smaller than studio scale, maybe 3/4 size.
The X-Wing is studio scale & is stunning!. Casting is superb!. Yes Rod has added some non-canon details, but in my opinion it enhances this bird, rather than detracting overall. I think it is worth the asking price, especially with the included armature.

Stu

hey guys,
i purchased one of rodolfo's snowspeeder kits over 2 years ago.it's 1/18 scale and one of the best resin kits i've bought.incredible detail and castings are top quality.
as stu said rodolfo is very busy but a friendly guy to deal with.
you will need a lot of perseverance and it took 12 months and a lot of emails but i did get the kit and not cheap.
and no i haven't built it yet.:)

Rod's X-Wing is worth the money and the wait.
The kit is immaculate - details are crisp, and almost no clean up, sanding or rescribing, is needed.
He use a really high quality resin too.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back