TFA DL-44 a new buld on a limited budget

darkev2

Hello Folks

Well it finally arrived the metal M712 replica Mauser I have been looking at for a while. Compared to the Denix I already have I'm happy to add this one to the pile. Here are some pictures from the original ad;

s-l160011.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600 specs.jpgsL100 1.jpg

Now I'm not going to go for "screen accurate" here just something for some fun at conventions and such. I'm hoping to build this as seen in TFA and hopefully the parts I have, created and have on order should do it justice since I have to watch my budget. One of the issues I know I am going to have is the "GRILL/Cooling Fns" The ones I have for the Denix(s) will not fit this gun so I'll wait until such is done and ready for sale SOMEWHERE or mock up something myself (much more likely). The last issue is that of the magazine. The gun only came with the long one and I have no idea whether there is one out there somewhere that will fit the thing so once again it may be mockup time. Time will tell so Wish me LUCK!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Little Update Folks!!!!

The short magazine for the plastic M712 Mauser is an exact fit for the metal version I just purchased. Things are looking up!!! Now to figure out this cooling grill.... plastic pvc pipe or individual cut, sanded and glued disks who knows.

Another Unpdate!!!

Well after a bit of work with the Dremel I got the resin grill I purchased to fit on the Airsoft Mauser when I first thought it would not!!!. I think I "NEED" to do a bit more sanding and then I will probable heat up the part a bit while it is stuck to one of my plastic Mausers with the hair dryer which hopefully will make it fit a tad better. Here are some pictures of it "attached" to the plastic Mauser which I used for testing the size and fit.

photo(14).JPGphoto(15).JPGphoto(16).JPGphoto(17).JPG

Last edited:
Cool! Really interested in seeing how this pans out! Air soft guns are the one thing you can buy in the UK relatively easily (weapons wise) so I may be following your lead on this one! Good luck :)

Well I have made a bit of progress since I last posted here. I had to fix an issue with a resin scope that I had purchased at discount (had a severe pour leak that messed up the smaller end of the scope). My fix of the pour leak caused more trouble then the resin mold leak so I had to rebuild the end of the scope. Now on to the cradle.

As I mentioned in a reply to a build log of JohnG's (Great Work by the way)!!! My Scope has the Windage Knob already attached I have to scrap using JohnG's rather GREAT Idea for a Scope Cradle. However this has lead me to what I "think" may solve the problem. Attached is a rather "poor" drawing and hand written description of my idea. Any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!

Darryl 001.jpg

I think you can cut out D shape pieces from another source to mimic the outer portion of the strap where the bolt goes. Maybe put notches in the cradle so the D-shapes are touching on 2 sides. Glue those pieces to the top of the cradle, put in your scope, glue the top straps to the scope (for added stability) and the D-shapes. With the D-shapes sandwiched between two pieces that are also secured to the scope, it should be pretty robust.

Use some apoxy sculpt to round out the seams and you're golden.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back