Jingle All The Way Turbo Man

Hmmmm. A threatening email? If it was from Universal, I would understand. If it's from someone else, then it's not worth anything. Only Universal would have the license for Turboman.

I believe it was a representative for universal but I can't seem to locate the email. Perhaps it was someone just pulling my tail, I hope. Anyway I've reached out to universal to obtain more information to see what is allowed and what isn't. I've got my fingers crossed. In the mean time I'll be drawing up sketches for booster. Quick question, should I sculpt articulation points at the elbows and knees for him same as I did for the turbo man prototype? I ask cause the bigger booster I believe only had movement at the hips and shoulders.

I wouldn't be surprised. Universal, and many other studios, keep a close eye on these forums. A lot closer than most people think.

It is what it is, sadly. Without the permission of the IP, you can not legally reproduce the prop. The last thing you'd want is a C&D order or other legal action.

Before someone jumps on and says "it's not illegal if you don't make a profit" .....That is entirely untrue and I suggest reading up on US Intellectual Property Laws. Just in case. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised. Universal, and many other studios, keep a close eye on these forums. A lot closer than most people think.

It is what it is, sadly. Without the permission of the IP, you can not legally reproduce the prop. The last thing you'd want is a C&D order or other legal action.

Before someone jumps on and says "it's not illegal if you don't make a profit" .....That is entirely untrue and I suggest reading up on US Intellectual Property Laws. Just in case. ;)

That's what I thought, thanks for the info. I was also contacted by Hasbro a while back concerning my Small Soldiers project as well, I've yet to hear back from them either. I'll look into this more thoroughly

I believe it was a representative for universal but I can't seem to locate the email. Perhaps it was someone just pulling my tail, I hope. Anyway I've reached out to universal to obtain more information to see what is allowed and what isn't. I've got my fingers crossed. In the mean time I'll be drawing up sketches for booster. Quick question, should I sculpt articulation points at the elbows and knees for him same as I did for the turbo man prototype? I ask cause the bigger booster I believe only had movement at the hips and shoulders.
For Booster,there may be two versions. One is with articulation and
another is no articulation.
But even the former there is only one
articulation point at his shoulders.

For Booster,there may be two versions. One is with articulation and
another is no articulation.
But even the former there is only one
articulation point at his shoulders.

So best bet would be only to articulate the shoulders? I would at least consider, hips, head & shoulder articulation points. Either way I'll start gathering reference & sketching. I'll update when I can.

image.jpegimage.jpeg Planning a 5" booster as well, as far as I know they never made one but that's not gonna stop me. Also trying to source better images for the cardback to restore as well as the back for the " Story" text at the bottom. I've got most of it but the photo I'm working off has an obstruction covering the last few words.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg Partnered with a very talented graphics artist that working on recreating the artwork for the cardbacks to my custom Turbo man figures. Here are a few rough mock ups :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back