The Official Cosplaysky's Civil War Captain America Costume

grey matter

We had such a great thread going for the AOU costume from them, I thought I'd start one for their Civil War (CW) one. Not sure how long ago they released this one, but I just saw it today.

http://cosplaysky.com/captain-america-civil-war-steve-rogers-uniform-cosplay-costume.html

Looks pretty good! The gloves are slightly better looking than the Winter Soldier version. The belt is still not great. But the boot covers look pretty great!

So, who is going to be the first to buy it?

I'm happy they released this well in advance of the movie coming out, gives us plenty of time to mod it if we are going to wear it to the premier.

captain_america_civil_war_steve_rogers_uniform_cosplay_costume_2.jpg

Figures I ordered the AOU two weeks ago and it will probably ship today or tomorrow. Would have gone with this instead, had I known.

Reached out to Cosplaysky and they said if I was willing to wait 10-14 days for them to make it, they would switch out my AOU suit for the CW. Can't wait to get it!

That was fast, this is months before the movie's release, whereas the AoU one came out shortly after. Least they got the colors right for the most part. Fit is probably going to be pretty similar to the TWS/AoU suits, I recommend folks venture to those threads to do some research for those questions. I'm not sure what's going on with that back flap though, looks like it might be a PITA to keep it properly tucked under the belt.

This might be a small win for folks looking to do their own CW Cap suit. It looks like the shoulder As disappear part way through the film, likely when Cap's faction parts ways with Tony's. So you can just remove the cheap shoulder As on the Cosplaysky suit and not have to worry about a replacement :lol

capciv32.jpg

capciv77.jpg

I can't wait to see this on someone here. Their photos of it look pretty good, but sometime it looks even better in person. I am really curious if the pants are more of a slim/skinny fit like the picture shows, because the AoU pants were pretty close to JINCO jeans.

I got mine a few days ago and am quite happy with it. The pleather pieces need some work and I will probably get it tailored to fit tighter around the midsection, but over all I am quite happy with it.

I got mine a few days ago and am quite happy with it. The pleather pieces need some work and I will probably get it tailored to fit tighter around the midsection, but over all I am quite happy with it.

Awesome! Did you do standard sizing or custom? And how do the pants fit? I think that's what I'm worried about the most.

- Aeric

New Cosplay Sky Civil War Suit arrived today! I think it looks awesome, they did a phenomenal job. Belt and gloves don't fit me that well. Boot Spats and Shoulder Harness are ok for now. I purposely ordered a smaller size so I can loose weight into it. After a list of modifications, -40 pounds weight loss and tailoring it should be perfect. I might also "dirty" the suit with some weathering.

Mods I have planned:
New belt
New gloves
New harness
Boot covers will be modded to include a zipper
Upgrade all the silver bits and Avengers shoulder logos with urethane better pieces made by Phil Mallon
Hem and tailor properly after weight loss
Shoulder pads to give the exaggerated V look
Velcro some stuff down * mostly the back
Separate the arms from the chest and install then with snaps on an undershirt
Weathering

12642674_10100983697993354_1225592325378839934_n.jpg12644806_10100983697973394_1759827219436132681_n.jpg12647228_10100983697678984_956482194480583900_n.jpg12662013_10100983697793754_447035779421209659_n.jpg12688380_10100983697000344_7901982094335834429_n.jpg

New Cosplay Sky Civil War Suit arrived today! I think it looks awesome, they did a phenomenal job. Belt and gloves don't fit me that well. Boot Spats and Shoulder Harness are ok for now. I purposely ordered a smaller size so I can loose weight into it. After a list of modifications, -40 pounds weight loss and tailoring it should be perfect. I might also "dirty" the suit with some weathering.

Mods I have planned:
New belt
New gloves
New harness
Boot covers will be modded to include a zipper
Upgrade all the silver bits and Avengers shoulder logos with urethane better pieces made by Phil Mallon
Hem and tailor properly after weight loss
Shoulder pads to give the exaggerated V look
Velcro some stuff down * mostly the back
Separate the arms from the chest and install then with snaps on an undershirt
Weathering

View attachment 586714View attachment 586715View attachment 586716View attachment 586717View attachment 586718

That looks great man! Question for ya though - are you planning on tucking the jacket into the pants like the pics on the site show?

- Aeric

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back