My Captain Phasma suit

bluedynno

I think we are still talking about TFA here and it's not too late to post what I've done to prepare for the recent premiere. At first I decided to build the Stormtrooper First Order suit. I got the pep files reference from PepMaster, @rubensdelima & Fisherk2. So I started to convert the biceps, forearm & shoulder pep files to stl & 3D printed them. Guest these are the easiest to print. It is not HD files so you can see the lines. Good enough for me.

P_20151112_002507_1.jpg

But then I found the Captain Phasma helmet in Thingiverse posted by Braddy_B_Hussla. From that point I started to change my mind to work Captain Phasma suit instead. All other parts are the same as Stormtrooper except helmet & boots. Here is the helmet after printed and assembled. I wrongly scaled it so it turned out bigger.

P_20151121_020559_BF.jpgP_20151121_020547_BF.jpg
(Why can't I rotate these photos????)

Then I had the thought on how to paint the suit in shiny chrome metal like paint. I asked the shops around my hometown & there is no way I can get chrome finished painting work here. Fortunately I came across this aluminium tape at local hardware store and thought I would be a good try. Here's how it looks like when these parts are wrapped with the aluminium tape. You still can see the lines as the tape is so thin. Got to wrap it carefully as it tends to get crumpled at the round edges.

P_20151202_233244_1.jpg

This suit is not all 3D printed. Only the biceps, forearms, shoulders, helmet, chest & knees were 3D printed. Others are made of EVA foam for flexibility. Wrapping the foam was a challenge because it is soft. But it sticks well. Basically upper torso is 3D printed and bottom torso is foam. Here's the fit test. Mind the big head...

P_20151205_012904.jpg
(Seriously??? Why can't it just rotate automatically???)

I got the helmet & chest piece sent to local auto store for bondo & surface finishing. Have to do this because the lines were so terrible. Amazingly it turned out great.

P_20151217_221211.jpgP_20151217_221224.jpgP_20151217_221251.jpg

This is how they look after coating with aluminium tape.

P_20151218_041649.jpgP_20151218_041757.jpgP_20151218_041703.jpg

Now the blaster part. I bought the Star Wars Nerf blaster from Toys R Us and painted it in silver to make it looks more realistic.

P_20151215_213045.jpgP_20151217_221320.jpg

Lastly wrapped my old office shoes and bought a black clothe and apply red tape at the side for the cape. That's it, it's done. Here it goes:

P_20151219_134443.jpgP_20151219_134428.jpg

I know it's not perfect as compared to other builders here. There are limited resources at my hometown here so I have to make do with what I have.

p/s: I think I'm gonna redo the cod, thigh & boots as they look oversized.

Attachments

• P_20151219_164428.jpg
    P_20151219_164428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 342
  • P_20151219_164443.jpg
    P_20151219_164443.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
Your costume looks awesome! Especially like the helmet. You went to an auto store to get your pieces bondoed? That sounds like an amazing idea. Were they confused? Do you mind sharing how you asked them to do it?

Your costume looks awesome! Especially like the helmet. You went to an auto store to get your pieces bondoed? That sounds like an amazing idea. Were they confused? Do you mind sharing how you asked them to do it?
Yeah, they were confused why I sent to them & don't have any idea. I told them exactly how I want it to be, including all the details & lines. And i turned out quite well. They asked usd30 for the job. But then I asked them whether they want to do it again for another helmet maybe and they said no way, lol....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Yeah, they were confused why I sent to them & don't have any idea. I told them exactly how I want it to be, including all the details & lines. And i turned out quite well. They asked usd30 for the job. But then I asked them whether they want to do it again for another helmet maybe and they said no way, lol....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

For the blaster what paint did you use? was thinking of grabbing one and making it more realistic as I`d go white and black for just a stormtrooper but the idea of where to begin has got me stumped lol.. then again this would be my first d.i.y of this kind..

I'm just curious, I've never done anything with a 3d printer before and I followed your link for the Thingiverse file. Did this print out as hollow or filled? Thanks! You look great by the way!

I'm just curious, I've never done anything with a 3d printer before and I followed your link for the Thingiverse file. Did this print out as hollow or filled? Thanks! You look great by the way!

Hollow. There is a file named Captain_Phasma_Helmet.stl, that one is hollow. Resize & print this one.

I have also never done any 3D printing before! How user-friendly is the process and how much did it cost you?
Looking to have a costume done by end of this year!
Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back